1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I agree....I would much rathe rtalk to peopel than text them...

Take care,

jay

New Survey Finds Americans Still Prefer the Phone Over Email, Texting, Social Networks
    By AUDREY WATTERS of ReadWriteWeb, June 22, 2011

New Survey Finds Americans Still Prefer the Phone Over Email, Texting, Social Networks - NYTimes.com

I think I could live quite happily without the "phone" part of my mobile phone. Other than taking press briefings and calling my parents, I rarely use my iPhone for actual calls. I'd rather text or IM. But according to survey results released today, it looks like my preferred methods of communication don't match most Americans'.

A survey of 2300 adults, conducted by Harris Interactive and sponsored by the VOIP service Rebtel, found that Americans still overwhelmingly prefer to communicate by voice. 74% of respondents said that the phone was how they keep in touch with friends and 81% said it's their preferred method of communicating with family members.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2.    #2  
    Hi all, so sorry I accidental posted this and one other thread in the wrong section....off with my head! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Did they tell you, when they survey they use landlines for it. So the people they surveyed were elderly no- techhie persons not your average college student or middle age dad texting kids all the time.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I'm not sure how much stock we should put in this survey when:
    a) it's sponsored by a company that needs to keep people talking in order to stay alive
    b) they don't mention the range of ages included in the sample. I'd imagine that people over 60 would vastly prefer talking over texting. People in their 20s, though, would be a different story.
    I much prefer texting and facebook for keeping in touch. But the majority of Americans have dumb phones which are just so-o for texting and even worse for Facebook or Twitter. These results just tell me that we need to get webOS into more hands.
    This was in fact a survey of listed number landlines by a VoIP provider who needed these results to encourage investors.

They found out your grandma says she likes to talk on the phone.
    Haven't had a land line since... 1999? 2000? Somewhere around there. And I average less than 300 minutes a month.

Now that I think of it, I don't think any of my friends have a land line either.
    Touchscreens are a fad.