1.    #1  
    Apple iPhone 5 to be major update after all; announcement and availability in August?

BGR has independently confirmed that the next-generation iPhone will not merely be an upgraded iPhone 4 as had been previously rumored.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    based on manufacturing, my guess is last week of august to first week of sept....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    It seemerd too good to be true that Apple might be taking the summer off.

BGR.com also notes that Thisismynext.com may have the best mockup of the degin:

It would be no bigger than the current iPhone but with a significantly bigger display as the screen goes edge-to-edge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I say the announcement in late august with availability in early-mid sept. I can't imagine a tear drop shaped smartphone, but it will become a welcome departure from the slab, brick ubiquitous with android phones
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

It would be no bigger than the current iPhone but with a significantly bigger display as the screen goes edge-to-edge.
    It's amazing how some of the slightest changes can really alter how something is perceived. For example: this render looks monstrous compared to the current iPhone but we know it's not.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    I say the announcement in late august with availability in early-mid sept. I can't imagine a tear drop shaped smartphone, but it will become a welcome departure from the slab, brick ubiquitous with android phones
    I'd bet on that as well. You can guarantee the next iPhone will launch alongside iOS 5 which is slated for a August/September drop.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Bloomberg have an article predicting a September launch.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I think the presumed "teardrop" shaped case is likely a profile looking at the phone from its side... with the heavier bulk to one side than the other - likley, on the bottom, if you are looking at the phone from the front with the screen in portrait mode - this way, handling it in portrait mode might be an even better experience.

The Pre has that "Pebble" shape - for many, it's a very comfortable feel - I'm sure Apple has done enough research to come to the design decision for this, but, I do admit, Im intrigued.

Thanks for posting the link, barkerja..
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I like the edge-to-edge screen but that shape doesn't look comfortable to hold (if that is indeed the new design).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I like the edge-to-edge screen but that shape doesn't look comfortable to hold (if that is indeed the new design).
    Rumor is that it will be ridiculously light, even lighter than the Samsung Galaxy S II and even thinner if that is possible.

Overall the iPhone was designed to be small because Steve Jobs has small hands. It was designed to be Steve's phone.

The thinness is not an issue for me. The thinner the better. But I do not have tiny hands so the height and width are too small.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

Hideous.

I'd much rather them just reuse the iPhone 4 design.
    Just an FYI, that render has been around since last year. If the render is close, I will be surprised.

Also, having the screen go to the edge of the device will make for poor shock protection for the LCD.

I would expect a departure from the 3.7 inch screen at around 4 inches, but not at expense of durability.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i may look ackward but i think the can be one of those design decisions based on ergo. we will see in a few short months i guess
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!