Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Nokia does make some purdy nice hardware...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Zero buttons.
    Nfc
    Amoled
    Swipe interface

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Looks really nice.
    They talk about an "orientation sensor", I guess they mean an accelerometer?
    64GB is nice too.
    Let's see how good MeeGo runs in real world usage. The current release for the N900 is far from everyday usable IMO.
    Oh and did I miss it or does it not have a front camera? No pricing yet? Or a release date? In the coming months?
    Not impressed No HDMI, USB OTG, kickstand or memory slot. I was hoping for a beast of a machine that does it all in the spirit of N800 and N810, but this is a letdown. I switched my attention to webOS after Nokia announced their cooperation with MS, and it seems I'm staying
    Very impressive. Great hardware design. I like they double tap to unlock and the circular sliders to set the clock. Not a fan of the multitasking view. This looks way better than WP7.

Same CPU as the Pre2. So will everyone here will slate it for not being old tech?
    Good hardware, though the processor could be better, and Amoled could be super amoled plus.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Good hardware, though the processor could be better, and Amoled could be super amoled plus.
    Samsung doesn't sell anything higher than AMOLED to its competitors. If they were selling amoled plus it would've been in many more phones. The processor is just a 400 MHz faster version of the N900.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    That's how you market swipe interface Palm! The best thing about webOS is not its multitasking but its swipe interface that doesn't require any hardware buttons which makes phones look clean and navigation so intuitive,

Shame that comeptitors picked apart webOS for the last year or so since Palm was in idle.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    And it's looking very sexy:

[url='s N9 official: a luscious slab of MeeGo coming later this year -- Engadget[/url]
    I thought palm/hp had patented the card-view in one page (all active cards in one page, instead of current card view in a row). I'm not an expert on patents...i think this is too generic to be patented
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    That's how you market swipe interface Palm! The best thing about webOS is not its multitasking but its swipe interface that doesn't require any hardware buttons which makes phones look clean and navigation so intuitive,

Shame that comeptitors picked apart webOS for the last year or so since Palm was in idle.
    Unfortunately, the current HP phone hardware can never be clean as long as it has a slide out keyboard.

I would love to see more 64GB phone devices. That hardware looks slick. I might have to check out the Ovi Store and see what's available.
  13.    #15  
    all i can say is that if HP destroys webOS the way Palm did i'll have my eyes on the N9.
    Guys did you see this NFC Nokia technology connecting the N9 to the NOkia Play 360 speaker and to a headset ?

Looks real Good. If this is what the next windows phone looks like im all over it. (rather have an N8 with the metal body replaces with poly carbonate from this phone?

Only Gripe is that Meego gets a freakin Vimeo app yet android doesn't
    The OS looks smooth and everything. But it's suffers the same problem WP7 has to me... It looks boring as heck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I might have to check out the Ovi Store and see what's available.
    Good luck with that Even the App Catalog has more apps. At least this is my experience with my N900. The N9 also has a new OS, that means even less apps, but I seriously hope MeeGo will surround a loyal community like maemo!
    This is surely a head turner. Wow. Wish HP puts some "pop" into their phones instead of going the Thinkpad-look route. If this turns out to be a decent device, maybe it could be a game changer for Nokia much like Razr and Droid for Moto...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast