1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. Please use the link to read the rest of this story. I agree with him....I think Nokia made a snap decission...they should have gone with webOS b/c too many people dislike windows!

take care,

Jay

Idea: Maybe selecting webOS instead Windows Phone was a better choice for Nokia?

BY: DUSAN BELIC, INTOMOBILE
    MONDAY, JUNE 20TH, 2011 AT 4:53 AM

Idea: Maybe selecting webOS instead Windows Phone was a better choice for Nokia?

I have an idea I wanted to share with you. Back when Nokia announced it will make Windows Phone devices, many Symbian fans reacted. In a nutshell – they didn’t like it and I can’t blame them for that. I do think Windows Phone has a future — Microsoft will invest billions to make it work — but it has one big downside too – Microsoft makes it. While I personally have nothing against the Redmond giant I can understand people’s frustrations imagining blue screens of death on their phones. That made me think – maybe Nokia picked a wrong partner?

First of all I want to say I never considered Android as the right platform for Nokia. The reason is simple – Google heavily competes with Nokia offering map and navigation services which are (will be) an important part of Nokia’s business. Likewise, Nokia would most certainly like to have a more control over the platform to integrate its own rather than Google’s services in the platform. So with Android out, what’s left?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    nah, reviews from customers of the new windows systems have been coming in around 92% positive.... very very high.... wat ms should have done is instead of windows they should have come up with a completly different name for the os. people think its the old 6.5 system when the think of win phone 7.
    also HP wants partners to help build the ecosystem. not just more phones which is what nokia is.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    HP sells handsets and Microsoft don't --- Nokia ain't subsidizing a competitor.

Microsoft allows Nokia to customize the OS anyway they want. If HP/Palm allows that --- nobody would ever program for the HP/Palm version of phones because Nokia would sell 50x more units.