1.    #1  
    Title pretty much says it.

Any chance a guy could buy an android phone (that supports wifi hotspot) at full price (thus not needing to re-up their contract) and keep the free 5GB of hotspot? Or is that linked directly to the Pre+ and by swapping out to any other phone, lose that nice perk?

-Suntan
    The free hotspot is a Pre+ feature. If you are familiar with switching phones on Verizon then you can always switch back to the Pre for the hotspot. (There may be another way, but I know you can do this.)
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    The free hotspot is a Pre+ feature. If you are familiar with switching phones on Verizon then you can always switch back to the Pre for the hotspot. (There may be another way, but I know you can do this.)
    So assuming you donít update to a new contract, you can go online and swap back to the Pre+ at any time and still get 5GB of hotspot a month?

Will this hold up once the tiered data costs go into affect (assuming a person doesnít sign a new contract?)

-Suntan
    The answer to the first part is yes, definitely. I've been doing it.

With the introduction of tiered pricing, I'm not sure what will happen, but if you don't get a new contract I thought they had to honor the old one. (But it wouldn't surprise me that there is some clause somewhere that could stop this.)
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    They can have the feature add-ons tied to the devices. They'd still have to honor your minutes and messaging contract but the data features aren't part of that contract if you switch phones.