1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI....Nokia's hyperbole is truly over the top...

Take care,

Jay

What market disrupting device will Nokia reveal on 21 June?
    By Matthew Miller | June 17, 2011, 6:47am PDT

What market disrupting device will Nokia reveal on 21 June? | ZDNet

Even as a fan of Nokia products, it is a bit difficult for me to get too excited about a MeeGo device given that Nokia had very little to say at the recent MeeGo Conference and has committed to Windows Phone for its primary smartphone platform. The folks at iTWire received an invite to a special Nokia event on Tuesday 21 June where Nokia will reveal a “new market disrupting device.”
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2.    #2  
    Hi all.

Here is a follow up article...please correct me if I'm wrong but Nokia is:

1. Dropping Symbian platform for the Meego platform

2. Even though they have already announced the will be dropping Meego for

3. Win ....

They are in effect dumping on their customers twice....in approx. a years period of time....at least when Palm dumped PalmOS for webOS they didn't reach out to a different OS as a transition...

This way Nokia customers will are being asked to learn & buy three different platforms in such a brief period of time. They are also requiring the dealers to learn now three different phone lines and it's OS as well.

4. I know they are saying they will shift parts of the design of this new model to the Win line.....however they might not have much if any smartphone customers left by the time they are ready to switch once again to Win....

They are already facing a huge backlash from their Symbian users, now they are risking another backlash when they switch from Meego to Win. (I assume it won't be as big a backlash as dropping Symbian, since they won't be pushing Meego for long, as they should have Win phones available soon....however the way Nokia is hemorrhaging money & customers there may not be much a company left by the time they get Win phones up and running. (I am correct that the Win platform is even smaller than webOS?)

It's a huge gamble as Nokia is now low on cash, it's market share has dwindled, Nokia's cap worth has plunged and the size of it's customer base has shrunk dramatically in just the few months since they decided to drop Symbian for Meego and Meego for Win.

take care,

Jay

P.S. Please use the link to read the balance of the article.

Nokia to Unveil a New Smartphone, but Not a Product of Its Microsoft Deal

By KEVIN J. O’BRIEN,June 20, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/te...gewanted=print

ESPOO, Finland — Late last year, the Apple iPhone became the best-selling device at Finland’s leading mobile operator, a highly embarrassing situation for Nokia, the struggling mobile phone maker that has long been Finland’s corporate standard-bearer.

So Stephen Elop, who left a top post at Microsoft last September to lead the turnaround effort at Nokia, knows that his first priority is to steal a beat on the competition and quickly get Nokia back in the game.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hopefully something truly market disrupting... I own stock!