Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Got mine, incredible phone, got my Slingbox going, listening to a MLB game while following the play by play with the At Bat app.
    HTC Sense weather is amazing.
    Guys (and girls), make the switch, it's well worth it.
  2.    #42  
    I played with the Evo 3g today... Excellent Device. It's thinner than the EVO 4g. I'll be picking mine up soon.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Been with Palm products since 2004 with the treo 600,700,750 and Pre its with great sadness, Iam announcing my depature with Palm/HP. Im a Premeir Sprint Customer so I have had the EVO 3D since the June 22.

I was very loyal to my webos/Pre and gave it a chance for 2 years but now, ITS LIKE I WAS BLIND AND NOW I CAN SEE!!! Android apps are much better than just about any app I struggled with on the Pre. Evo3D is truly an amazing phone only thing I miss is the touchstone thats it....its been great folks its over. My kids still have Pixis so i will browse precentral for them otherwise, I will be at androidcentral as XandroidX
    Great choice MIGS. You are officially free from the snail chains of WEB OS.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
  4.    #44  
    Wow... The reviews for the Evo 3D have been gleaming.
    I've had the EVO 3d for a few days now (Sprint Premier). It is definitely an awesome phone. I definitely like the way WebOS interacts better but it has no where near the same amount of options as Android. The real problem for Sprint and HP is the Pre3 is more a lower tier smartphone. Crappy camera, small screen, no 4G, no dual core, small battery....list goes on. Perhaps it would make a great free phone or low end smartphone. They need to put WebOS on much nicer hardware. Well, i get another upgrade in a year, maybe Sprint will have something decent with WebOS on it by then. If your considering switching do it! Or wait for the next Samsung Galaxy phone....don't wait for a Pre3....
    evo-converts. keep the comments coming. Help us undecided Pre- folk make the jump to something!!

I ask. Are there themes for the EVO? Can it be customized/patched like our Pre's can?

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I was going to jump on the 3D, then I played with one. The dual core cpu makes everything buttery smooth, but I found the 3D stuff to be not so great at all. Just a gimmick. I'm going to wait on the Galaxy S II instead. It should only be another month or two. It's got the same CPU and lots of similar specs. It's slightly thinner, has an 8MP camera instead of the dual 5's, and can do real 1080 video. Heck, the Pre3 might actually be available to compare to by then... but not on sprint
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    I've had it since Friday and it's an awesome phone. Like I said in another post I miss a few things about WebOS, but there's a lot more stuff that over compensates. With that said I'm very happy with my EVO 3D :-)

I hope that HP gets their act together.
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I miss webOS, but I definately do not miss my pre.
    When I say I miss webOS, the ONLY thing I mean is that I miss the UI. Literally that is it.
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I moved on to my evo3D
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    this thread on android central is rather illuminating, titled "really worth it to witch from palm pre" (to evo3d) turned into 12+ pages of former palm users... loyalists, evangelists etc who finally gave up on hpalm/webos and moved on.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I definitely miss WebOs...not going to lose any sleep over it though. The Evo3D is a nice phone though. I like the build quality and huge screen. Touch screen(keypad) will take some getting used to but I was never a fan of the vertical slide on the Pre. Android is taking some getting used to...and 3D is a fun little gimmick...doesn't really sway me either way.

I would love a tablet form with WebOS...I am not done with HP...if they create a monster of a phone I'll be back. Besides the Pre 3 being a new phone it did nothing to get me excited...that said if HP released any bit of news I might have held off getting an Evo3D...
    Last edited by rahrah12; 06/28/2011 at 12:16 PM.
    To those considering Pre- to Evo 3D... Do it!

-The EVO 3D is amazing. Trust me when I say that it will be night and day hardware wise. Incredible build quality, great battery life, huge beautiful screen, nice camera (3D!) and very very fast.
    -Screw Sprint. They're not getting the Pre3, and they have pretty much screwed over loyal WebOS users. I had a Pre since launch day. It broke, so I had to get something else. There's really no point in holding out. If you need a new phone, don't leave Sprint, their rates are too good. Just go Android. I'll definitely consider going back to WebOS in a year.
    -Android's really not THAT bad. It will take a little while to get used to, but once you do, you'll like it. Besides, it definitely has it's advantages over WebOS for you to enjoy.
    I am about to switch. Waiting as long as I can to see if a HP sprint phone is in the future. Currently have an optimus s and love it but want Webos to succeed too.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Can it be customized/patched like our Pre's can?
    Think about why WebOS needs patches. It's due to lack of core functionality in the OS.
    cnote1287 likes this.
    agreed. Patches add functionality that wasnt built in, and they rule and are awesome.

I was referring more to themes/customizations. We are able to change colors and icons and whatever at will. Can we do that with Android?
    In my Pre I changed icons, colors, and even the carrier name. Can that be done with Android? I ask not knowing, not defying Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Noooo, wait for the Galaxy S2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    +1
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'll pile on here too. Launch day Pre owner, and I, along with most of you, were hoping for bigger and better things from HP by this point. I had no intention of leaving Sprint, so that limited my options My son upgraded his Pre to an EVO 4G a couple of months ago, and I gotta admit that it is a very nice phone. When the 3D was announced, and received so many glowing reviews, I finally made the jump. The salesperson at the Sprint store had been a Pre diehard too, but had switched to Android a few months ago, so we had some good laughs about finally "moving on".

The 3D is an amazing phone, and I'm still getting used to all it can do. The apps - good grief, the apps! The app store...er, "Android Market" is like walking into Costco for the first time when you've only shopped at 7-11.

I really think webOS is an amazing OS, and there will be things I will definitely miss. I figure that two years down the road when I'm eligible for another upgrade, either webOS will have matured into the awesome OS we all know it has the potential to be, with awesome hardware to go with it, or I'll stick with another great OS - Android.

I will miss this community and the awesome developers who have made the whole webOS ride so much fun. My wife still has her Pixi, and loves it, so I'll be checking in from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    evo-converts. keep the comments coming. Help us undecided Pre- folk make the jump to something!!

I ask. Are there themes for the EVO? Can it be customized/patched like our Pre's can?
    One simple way to change the theme of an Android phone is to use one of the launchers such as LauncherPro. No rooting is needed. You can start with any of thousands of themes and tweak them.

As to patches, imagine if Palm had put the best Homebrew patches and patch suggestions into webOS. Android added hundreds as standard options.

The second post in the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android has a list of key webOS patches and patch requests and where to find them as standard features in Android. There are over a hundred more that just aren't listed.

The downside to getting our wish for hundreds of features and options is that that is a lot of features and options to set up. The Getting Started guide walks you through.

Patching is necessary because webOS developers cannot distribute Closed Source webOS code. So to get around that, they have you "patch" the files on your phone. Android is Open Source (mostly) so developers can send the completed file ready to go.
    if you want
    milominderbinder get behind her be kinder and dont mind her
    anyway.
    excellent comments and links, and thank you for taking the time to help those of us that are screaming for a new phone but dont truly need it. Just want it b/c our upgrade is ready and we want a change for faster, bigger, better.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast