Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    <thread moved>
    I must say that the moment I tried to make an important phone call and my Pre wouldn't turn on, my decision was made. I hate leaving webOS, but with 4 lines on my account and contracts running through 2012/2013, there's really no option other than to go Android. I'll probably be getting a TouchPad though. Even though the fact I won't be able to use some of its best features with a webOS device sucks. Hopefully someday HP and Sprint can work out their differences and launch another device. (I agree with the strategy from a growth perspective to go with Verizon and AT&T) Until then, my Evo 3D comes tomorrow. If I don't like it, then I just bring it back and get something else.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm done with webOS. The only way they'll get me back is if they win me back. Based on their current lack of delivery... I don't see that every really happening.

Kind of like your non-functioning alcoholic ex girlfriend. You love her to death, and the thought of moving on really hurts you.... but she's really done nothing positive for you for years... So you just gotta suck it up and find a better match, even if it means changing up your style a bit.
    cnote1287 likes this.
    I agree with anoiel1220. I love my Pre- but I really need something newer & can't wait any longer. I've ordered one as an extra line. Got a great deal from the manager. $50 buck off, free case & charger. With my discount I'm really not paying a lot more & I can still use my beloved Pre-. Hopefully the rumors are true about something in August for us Sprint peeps. I figure, it's probably cheaper to have 2 lines with Sprint than go to Verizon & I'm very hopeful that SOMETHING will finally show up on Sprint that I can use my upgrade on then. I need some of the functions that the 3D (not the camera) has that my Pre- does not. My kids have Android phones & I really want something new. I'll be picking mine up first thing Friday morning.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    He can always wait for the Photon, Within (aka Galaxy S 2), or mythical webOS Stingray. Are there any WP7 devices on the horizon for Sprint other than the Arrive?

I'm agonizing over the same choices - I'll probably give the Evo 3D a test-drive since apparently I'm one of the few people who like 3D. I certainly don't enjoy Android as much as webOS and would really miss using my 4Touchstones, but my thumb is getting sore from 2 years of typing, swiping, and gestures on the Pre/Pre2.
    Yeah, I have 3 touchstones....Inductive charging will be more costly with android devices. Plus no magnet.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Noooo, wait for the Galaxy S2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Could you comment on why you think this device is so much better the the Evo 3D?
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I ended up ordering the Evo3D yesterday and have delivery scheduled for today. Bitter sweet to leave my launch day Pre- and have to switch over to Android. I am mad at myself for not switching to the original Evo thinking that a new Palm device was releasing by the end of the year...HP not releasing any info is not helping at all. My phone is on its last leg and it is time...I can update every year so switching back in the future is not that big of a deal...

I've been with Palm for a long time...really what has kept me with Sprint...hopefully HP can get their act together and i'll be able to come back...
    Last edited by rahrah12; 06/27/2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkim View Post
    Could you comment on why you think this device is so much better the the Evo 3D?
    The AMOLED screen and the slim body mostly. Better 2D photos. Unlocked bootloader(?). TouchWiz vs. Sense (vs. rooting and putting a different ROM on) is personal preference.

I'd prefer the Galaxy S 2 as well, but you know what they say about a bird in hand...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    HP has been very candid about why they are rolling out the Pre 3 and TouchPad now:

The Engadget Interview: Jon Rubinstein and Steven McArthur talk webOS

"The reality is... we missed a product cycle last year..."

We heard all the rumors about these devices being field tested. The TouchPad is a solid competitor to the iPad 1 and the Pre 3 is a great alternative to the iPhone 3GS. We are comparing the devices Palm wanted to release in the spring of 2010. Then Palm ran out of money.

This really comes down to whatever fits you best: Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D vs. HP Pre 3 and Veer

Comparison of Pre 3 vs. EVO 3D and Samsung Galaxy S II

• Size: Overall, the S2 is smallest at 4.2 in³. The EVO 3D is 5.97 in³. The Pre 3 is 6.9 in³.

• Display: The Pre 3 matched the EVO 4G display. The EVO 3D is qHD. The S2 SAMOLED+ goes beyond.

• Keyboard: If you like physical keyboarding, there are few options. Predictive keyboards like SwiftKey reduce keystrokes.

• Weight: The S2 is the lighest at only 4 oz.

• NFC: The S2 has Near Field Communication, the next level in social media.

• OTA OTG: The S2 has OTG. Attach a USB memory drive, mouse, keyboard, etc.

• RAM: The 3D and S2 RAM allow 300+ installed apps. Yes you will want that many.

• microSD: A 32GB card is $70. 64GB is coming. Want your music, photos, and favorite movies with you?

• HDMI: Standard on flagship phones now. Show a presentation, photos, or movie on your S2 or 3D.

• DLNA: Output to your PS3, new TV, etc. Also a standard now. No cables on your S2 or 3D.

• Camera: Unless you want 3D, the S2 wins this one. Pre 3 lacks zoom.

• HD Record: The S2 has 1080p. 1080p is not on the 3D yet. The Pre 3 is 720p.

• Dual core: Ice Cream Sandwich is optimized for dual core.

• Voice Control: Do you want the option for Voice Control or Just Type?

You could try the EVO 3D for 30 days. By then the Pre 3, Photon, and Galaxy S II should be out. Try them out. See what feels best to you. Get what you like.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/22/2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Well, I don't have one so I have no personal experience with it. All I know is Engadget rated the Galaxy S2 a 9/10 and mentioned it had phenomenal battery life and rated the EVO 3D a 7/10 and mentioned it had crappy battery life. I don't need another phone with crappy battery life. Galaxy S2 also comes standard with 16GB storage space versus 8GB on the Evo 3D (yes, I know both are expandable). I also looked at some Youtube videos of the Galaxy S2 in action because I was never a fan of Android UI and wanted to prepare myself for it, but the TouchWiz 4 has some interesting UI mechanics, particularly on the homescreen, it has a webOS feel to it. It doesn't look as much like a cheap iOS ripoff as it used to, anyway. Also, the screen is kickass and I don't like 3D. At this point, the only downside for me is the touchscreen keyboard and it's a bit big. Personally, I really don't care about voice commands, no phone ever understands me properly anyway and I rather hate the sound of my own voice. I do really like Just Type, but Android has something similar, so.
    screwdestiny
    PSN • Twitter • Last.FM
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcstunr View Post
    Yeah I'm done with webOS. The only way they'll get me back is if they win me back. Based on their current lack of delivery... I don't see that every really happening.

Kind of like your non-functioning alcoholic ex girlfriend. You love her to death, and the thought of moving on really hurts you.... but she's really done nothing positive for you for years... So you just gotta suck it up and find a better match, even if it means changing up your style a bit.
    I am also DONE WITH WEB OS.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, I don't have one so I have no personal experience with it. All I know is Engadget rated the Galaxy S2 a 9/10 and mentioned it had phenomenal battery life and rated the EVO 3D a 7/10 and mentioned it had crappy battery life. I don't need another phone with crappy battery life. Galaxy S2 also comes standard with 16GB storage space versus 8GB on the Evo 3D (yes, I know both are expandable). I also looked at some Youtube videos of the Galaxy S2 in action because I was never a fan of Android UI and wanted to prepare myself for it, but the TouchWiz 4 has some interesting UI mechanics, particularly on the homescreen, it has a webOS feel to it. It doesn't look as much like a cheap iOS ripoff as it used to, anyway. Also, the screen is kickass and I don't like 3D. At this point, the only downside for me is the touchscreen keyboard and it's a bit big. Personally, I really don't care about voice commands, no phone ever understands me properly anyway and I rather hate the sound of my own voice. I do really like Just Type, but Android has something similar, so.
    I'm picking up my Evo 3d on the 6th, if I don't like it hopefully the Samsung will be out within 30 days so I can exchange it for the S2
    Figured someone would have started "The Final Day" thread but I'll do it here.
    Tomorrow I pick up my Evo 3D and put my launch day Pre in perpetual Airplane mode/wifi.
    If HP had just said, we're coming to Sprint with the Pre 3, but we don't know when, I may have waited.
    But the Evo 3D looks to be a killer device from what I'm reading on the Android Central forums.
    So I'm taking my business to Android.
    I feel a little bad, I convinced 3 people to buy Pres, I loved the multitasking but after playing with my wife's new Epic, I feel good about going to Android.
    I go back to the Treo Central days, even before I owned one, and Visor Central so leaving Palm after more than 10 years is bittersweet.
    But then again Palm has been assimilated into HP and it seems HP doesn't care about Palm's core Web OS base (Sprint) so it's good-bye.
    Thanks for the memories.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I am also DONE WITH WEB OS.
    Looking at your signature is proof positive of how wrong we've been done by HP/Palm. You're about as loyal as it gets and not even considering riding out the storm.
    On to bigger and better things.
    If you are going to make a switch, you might consider the original EVO 4g, its FREE right now at Best Buy if new customer or upgrade and the specs are not THAT much below the 3D unless you want the 3D-ish stuff. 3D does have newer software and such, but if you, don't mind rooting, there is a whole lot you can do with the 4g. Photos i have seen from the 3D look nicer overall than on the 4g.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    If you are going to make a switch, you might consider the original EVO 4g, its FREE right now at Best Buy if new customer or upgrade and the specs are not THAT much below the 3D unless you want the 3D-ish stuff. 3D does have newer software and such, but if you, don't mind rooting, there is a whole lot you can do with the 4g. Photos i have seen from the 3D look nicer overall than on the 4g.
    True, but I'm hoping for better battery life on the 3-D.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    True, but I'm hoping for better battery life on the 3-D.
    I personally wouldn't get an original EVO over a 3D, but don't expect a lot more battery life out of the 3D.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Been with Palm products since 2004 with the treo 600,700,750 and Pre its with great sadness, Iam announcing my depature with Palm/HP. Im a Premeir Sprint Customer so I have had the EVO 3D since the June 22.

I was very loyal to my webos/Pre and gave it a chance for 2 years but now, ITS LIKE I WAS BLIND AND NOW I CAN SEE!!! Android apps are much better than just about any app I struggled with on the Pre. Evo3D is truly an amazing phone only thing I miss is the touchstone thats it....its been great folks its over. My kids still have Pixis so i will browse precentral for them otherwise, I will be at androidcentral as XandroidX
    Last edited by migs; 06/24/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Been with Palm products since 2004 with the treo 600,700,750 and Pre its with great sadness, Iam announcing my depature with Palm/HP. Im a Premeir Sprint Customer so I have had the EVO 3D since the July 22.

I was very loyal to my webos/Pre and gave it a chance for 2 years but now, ITS LIKE I WAS BLIND AND NOW I CAN SEE!!! Android apps are much better than just about any app I struggled with on the Pre. Evo3D is truly an amazing phone only thing I miss is the touchstone thats it....its been great folks its over. My kids still have Pixis so i will browse precentral for them otherwise, I will be at androidcentral as XandroidX
    Are you a time-traveler!?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Are you a time-traveler!?
    hahaaha you got me. Typo sorry, fixed June 22 been up too late playing with my Evo3D
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast