1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Well Imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flatery...welll then MS is paying webOS & it's fans flattery. Please use the link to read the balance of this article.

take care,

Jay

Microsoft To Officially Support Homebrew on Windows Phone 7
    posted by Thom Holwerda on Sun 19th Jun 2011 18:26 UTC

Microsoft To Officially Support Homebrew on Windows Phone 7
    Way back in old and boring January of this year, Microsoft announced they would be working together with the Windows Phone 7 homebrew community, with the goal of creating a stable, supported way for homebrew developers and people interested in homebrew applications to enable side-loading on their WP7 devices. Well, they took their sweet time, but the ChevronWP7 team (Rafael Rivera, Chris Walsh, and Long Zheng) and Microsoft have just announced the results.

The unofficial ChevronWP7 unlocking tool enabled side-loading on pre-NoDo Windows Phone 7 devices simply be providing the same kind of dev-unlocking you would get if you paid $99 for a developer account. While the tool was taken offline in January pending the talks with Microsoft, unofficial mirrors kept hosting the tool. When the NoDo update was pushed to devices, the tool became useless, as it doesn't work on NoDo.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hah, I like it! Good news for the WP7 crowd.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Hah, I like it! Good news for the WP7 crowd.
    Hi all,

Even though I'm not interested in a MS Win smartphone...I'm glad they are doing this.....I don't think Apple will ever do this, they are too controlling!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    They may if everyone else starts and they look like the odd man out. One thing we've seen a lot of, most companies will change eventually or get left behind. Even Apple realized this with iOS 5.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    nah, apple failed in the 90's because they were ***** and so closed off and it will come back again. so long as steve jobs is there anyway
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I don't know if closed will work forever though. We've seen it too many times, things change. Perceptions change. Closed is accepted by many Apple users now but what about in the future? They are too closed but even with iOS5 they finally dropped some strings. I hope this is just the beginning. Many people would not have jailbroke if they had offered some of these features in the beginning. Looks like someone finally took a good look at Cydia to see what people wanted.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    But you still have to pay to use the new ChevronWP7, right?

I guess baby steps are good.
    But that means you should get support, right? Most of those unpaid roots and jailbreaks are "do at your own risk".

Yes, but you still have to pay, as opposed to Android where you can unlock for free using "DIY" tools (which are heavily supported by the community) if the phone is even locked, and webOS where all you have to do is put a code in to unlock (and is also heavily supported).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums