1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Is time running out for RIM?

The 1st article points out that RIM has lost half of its value in the last four months alone. Please use the links to see the balance of this articles.

The second article discusses it's aging product line.....I wouldn't be surprised if RIM, like Palm ends up a buyout candidate.

Take care,

Jay

ARTICLE ONE:
    RIMM Revival Hopes Hitting the Skids
    The stock's bulls have run for the hills
    Jun 16, 2011, 10:42 am EDT | By Kevin Kelleher, Technology and Markets Contributor

RIMM Revival Hopes Hitting the Skids | InvestorPlace

Remember when we called them Crackberries? Before there was ever an Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone, there was the Blackberry, Research In Motion’s (NASDAQ:RIMM) pioneering smartphone so beloved that people spoke of it as an addictive substance.

Funny, nobody’s addicted anymore. The Crackberry talk reached a pitch two or three years ago, even as the iPhone was gobbling up market share. RIM’s stock peaked in June 2008 at $148.13 And now? It’s trading at less than a quarter of that value.

In fact, RIM has lost half of its value in the last four months alone, signaling a shift in Wall Street’s attitude toward the company from
    patiently awaiting a turnaround to a foreboding that things might be taking an ugly turn. It’s not just the iPhone, or the cheap Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android phones that now rival them in quality — it’s the possibility that RIM may also have fumbled its best chance to be a leader in tablets.

ARTICLE TWO:

Wall Street Breakfast: Must-Know News
    by: SA Editor Yigal Grayeff June 17, 2011

Wall Street Breakfast: Must-Know News - Seeking Alpha

RIM running out of juice? RIM (RIMM) shares plunged 14.35% in post-market trading after the BlackBerry maker reported earnings and provided guidance that were both below analyst expectations. RIM said FQ1 net profit slumped to $695M from $769M even as revenue rose 16% to $4.9B, and it lowered its FY EPS outlook to $5.25-$6 from a prediction given in April of $7.50. RIM also said that it had been hurt by product delays and that the launch of its PlayBook tablet "did not go as smoothly as we had planned." Analysts said the company is suffering from an aging product lineup that is inferior to Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and Android devices. Comedian Ronnie Corbett recently declared that 'My BlackBerry is not working," to which the reply was, "What's the matter, it run out juice?" Investors might be wondering the same about RIM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    "Say Rim... Say Rim... Say Rim Is On The Fireeeee!"

I remenber this music (changing "Rim" for "Room"), but I don't remenber who sing...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    The Roof... The Roof... The Roof is on fire...

I think is how it goes, but I got your point, smiled, and suspect you are right. Sorli...
    Háháháhá... thanks, man!

I was just a kid when I listen this! Long, long time ago!!! Great!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    If RIMM does continue to plummet then these will be the years 2 giants of industry fell ..

Sad .. Sad days.. But on the brightside.. The Touchpad will be here in just a few more days, & the playbook may soon be no more than an irrellevant nightmare in the heads of RIMM's co-CEO's

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    RIM shares are falling like crazy but one thing people are not understanding RIM is not nokia, RIM still has a lot of Corporate client and RIM security is still very good.

But for RIM to progress it needs to remove the Co-CEO structure and bring some one like Steve Jobs to turn things around.
    It is very possible that RIM will survive this turmoil time and even grow later on but it needs new vision and new leader.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    HP needs to gobble them up, get BBM and all the corporate stuff on webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    RIM shares are falling like crazy but one thing people are not understanding RIM is not nokia, RIM still has a lot of Corporate client and RIM security is still very good.

But for RIM to progress it needs to remove the Co-CEO structure and bring some one like Steve Jobs to turn things around.
    It is very possible that RIM will survive this turmoil time and even grow later on but it needs new vision and new leader.
    The co-CEO's have sort of cemented their need in the company by saying (parphrased) the damage is too much for anyone else to fix

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    The co-CEO's have sort of cemented their need in the company by saying (parphrased) the damage is too much for anyone else to fix

That is quite a hilarious quote but I still feel a new leader will be able to change their fortune.
    I feel the example of Apple in 1990's should be followed by RIM to survive and grow.
    They need someone having a personality like Steve Jobs to get the confidence of the investor and customer back.
    HP needs to gobble them up, get BBM and all the corporate stuff on webOS
    I agree... add DocsToGo in this list, too...

Best Regards...
    That is quite a hilarious quote but I still feel a new leader will be able to change their fortune.
    I feel the example of Apple in 1990's should be followed by RIM to survive and grow.
    They need someone having a personality like Steve Jobs to get the confidence of the investor and customer back.
    Here is part of the quote...

We're currently approaching the tail end of a significant transition in our business, and frankly few companies would have been able to survive. But we have.
    And I believe, and I think Mike would agree, that neither of us could have taken the company this far alone, and that completing the transition and taking the company to the next level of success and growth is also something neither of us can do alone, and something that would be incredibly challenging for someone from outside the company to manage successfully at this critical time in RIM's development."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rim-c...#ixzz1PYPWBCcH

Link to full article
    http://www.businessinsider.com/rim-ceos-2011-6

They're making products nobody wants. I'm not sure how they can turn things around when their core business model is so fundamentally flawed.
    When your 3rd largest investor dumps you.....yea its not looking good. Besides check out the Nokia vs Rim poll Which handset maker is in worse shape? here
    Last edited by darkzone; 06/17/2011 at 01:49 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Hi all,

With approx. an hour to go before the trading day is closed here in the USA on Wall Street, here is an update. I don't expect RIMM"s stock will due better before the close of today's market.

I'm posting one paragraph from the story and I am suppling the link as well.

take care,

Jay

RIMM stocks drop after BlackBerry revenue slump and job cuts announcement

RIMM stocks drop after BlackBerry revenue slump and job cuts announcement - The Washington Post

RIM, based in Waterloo, Ontario, plunged as much as $5.73 to $29.60 in late trading, after closing at $35.33 in Nasdaq Stock Market trading. The stock has lost 39 percent this year
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

With approx. an hour to go before the trading day is closed here in the USA on Wall Street, here is an update. I don't expect RIMM"s stock will due better before the close of today's market.

I'm posting one paragraph from the story and I am suppling the link as well.

take care,

Jay

RIMM stocks drop after BlackBerry revenue slump and job cuts announcement

RIMM stocks drop after BlackBerry revenue slump and job cuts announcement - The Washington Post

RIM, based in Waterloo, Ontario, plunged as much as $5.73 to $29.60 in late trading, after closing at $35.33 in Nasdaq Stock Market trading. The stock has lost 39 percent this year
    Always informative... Thanks jay

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Steve Jobs went back to Apple in 1996 and for EIGHT years AAPL stocks were basically flatlined (except briefly during 2000 bubble when any ***** could make a tech stock go up). It didn't take off until 2003-4, which was a couple of years after the ipod was launched.

Steve Jobs is also the guy that Apple gave huge amount of AAPL stock options --- which later on, Jobs gave back the stock options for CASH. That's not the sign for confidence for the investor when the CEO doesn't want stock options.
    Last edited by samab; 06/17/2011 at 03:10 PM.