1.    #1  
    Note: The HTC EVO was the first US 4.3" 800x480 phone a year ago. Now that is commonplace and as you can see from the reviews, much more is expected. I will post the Sprint Within review links in the next post for comparison.

[Edit]This just in:
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D initial review | Android Central - Video
    "The EVO 3D's shaping up to be one of the hottest phones of the year, no doubt. Following up on last year's blockbuster EVO 4G, the sequel continues the trend of large screens, fast processors and brings along some of HTC's stellar customizations."

From our sister site...
    HTC Evo 3D review roundup | Android Central

Here are the links to those reviews and the bottom line review statements:

Roger Cheng Wall Street Journal
    "A lot of the hype on this phone will be centered on its 3-D capabilities. But take away the 3-D and you still have one of the better smartphones in the market."

Bonnie Cha CNet
    Ratings: Design 9/10, Features 9/10, Performance 8/10 (The EVO 4G was rated 9-8-8)
    "The bottom line: The 3D features are a fun addition, but it's the HTC Evo 3D's zippy performance and improved battery life that make this Android smartphone one of Sprint's best.

Jonathan Geller BGR
    "The EVO 3D, however, offers a complete end-to-end Android experience with HTC’s Sense 3.0 UI, and coupled with improvements in every area over the original EVO 4G, plus the ability to capture and view 3D content, it makes for one hell of a compelling package."

Eric Zeman Phone Scoop
    "In the end, it boils down to what's most important for you. If you value performance of the wireless radio more than anything else, the EVO 3D is not for you. If you don't mind some sketchy behavior and are lusting after that 3D camera, I won't blame you."

Ross Miller This is my Next
    Score 8/10
    "So let's ignore 3D for a second. The EVO 3D is fast, sleek, up to date, and packs a pretty great qHD display. The 2D camera is pretty good (if not a little grainy) and shoots video in 1080p. HTC has made a worthy successor to the EVO 4G."

Myriam Joire Engadget
    Scorecard: 7/10
    "The EVO 3D is a well made handset that improves upon the EVO 4G in terms of raw horsepower -- as such, it lives up to its flagship status. That being said, it's also a step back in some areas..."
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/16/2011 at 02:58 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Samsung Galaxy S II will be called the Verizon Function, Sprint Within, AT&T Attain etc.

Sorry, this should have been off in it's own thread. Moved to:
    Samsung Galaxy S II (Sprint Within, Verizon Function, AT&T Attain) Review roundup
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/16/2011 at 01:57 PM.
    I can't wait to order the evo 3d on the 21st. Very much looking forward to it.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S II Review - Phone Arena

"Probably the most important take from this review of the Samsung Galaxy S II is that it is, once again, future-proof. It has those highly-regarded and distinguishing features that won't make it obsolete in just a few months' time. The dual-core Exynos chipset chirps along capturing excellent Full HD video clips, whereas the 4.3 Super AMOLED Plus screen offers one of the best video playback experiences we've seen on a phone to date, with hardwired DivX/Xvid, and .MKV video formats support."
    That's nice to read, especially after reading stuff about how future-proofing isn't important.
    The HD2 was the first 4.3in wvga phone.
    Engadget's review
    The EVO 3D is a well made handset that improves upon the EVO 4G in terms of raw horsepower -- as such, it lives up to its flagship status. That being said, it's also a step back in some areas (the lack of kickstand comes to mind). While the qHD screen provides a welcome boost in pixel density, the overall display performance still lags behind the competition. Sense 3.0 leaves us cold, and now that other carriers are rolling out HSPA+ and LTE networks, WiMAX no longer feels like the new kid on the block. Despite the EVO 3D's 1.2GHz dual-core processor, the camera strangely lacks 1080p support, and the EVO 4G arguably captures nicer stills thanks to better optics and firmware. But our biggest gripe with the EVO 3D is its terrible battery life, which is even worse than what we observed on the already lackluster EVO 4G. As for 3D, we're not convinced it's fully baked yet -- right now it feels like a gimmick, but we're willing to wait and see how it develops beyond the initial "gee wiz" phase. Ultimately, we've come to think of the EVO 3D as a Sensation with a lesser camera, cheaper materials, worse battery life, and without the ability to roam worldwide. But hey, it's got 3D and the best dedicated two-stage camera button that's ever graced a phone. That's gotta be worth something, right?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Of course useless CNet says battery life is improved. Hmmm. I really can't understand why CNet still exists.
  8.    #8  
    We will see next week how the EVO 3D does. With the Samsung Galaxy S II and Motorola Photon coming next month, I cannot imagine that there will be the sell-out like there was for the EVO 4G.

HTC, Motorola, and Samsung each have their fans. And last year there was no flagship Motorola phone coming to Sprint.

Even though HTC has sold 5 million EVO 4G's, that is no where close to Samsung's Galaxy S at 18 million units so far but the EVO was on one carrier.

It will be interesting to see how the EVO 3D feels when people get to try them out. We know that many had no intention of buying an EVO 4G until they tried them. Will the EVO 3D have the same magic?
    I have to say, I still fail to understand the appeal of 3d on a phone.
    The Photon is attractive, though, if only because I like the Atrix and laptop dock functionality, as well as qHD and Tegra 2.
    And the design. I mean, it's practically octagonal! Reminds me of the X7.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I have to say, I still fail to understand the appeal of 3d on a phone...
    I think that this is somethingeach person will have to see for themselves.

Some may not have even been interested in the EVO until they saw it. It may be the same for 3D.

Others may end up not using the 3D features just as many do not use HDMI.

3D by it's nature is something that each person has to see for themselves.