1.    #1  
    Previously it was announced that the Desire would get Gingerbread, but now it's otherwise.

HTC says Desire will not be getting upgrade to Gingerbread | MobileSyrup.com

...deja vu, anyone?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Root and slap 2.3.4 on it, for those who actually care about this. The people over at XDA are miracle workers.
    The right thing to do would be to offer an optional stock Gingerbread update. I understand why HTC wouldn't want to wreck their branding (especially since people genuinely like using HTC Sense) by doing that, though.
    That's what many people have been saying across the internet and I agree with that. But until that happens it is a way for people to get sense 3.0 and android 2.3 or Stock 2.3 on their desires. And that's XDA. Of course that would be for the tech savvy folk, but I assume the people who are looking for the update are the tech savvy people anyway.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D