1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Apple is in hot water over the name iCloud, didn't this happen with the name iPhone as well?

take care,

Jay

Apple Sued for iCloud name by iCloud Communications
    June 12, 2011 1:05 PM EDT

Apple Sued for iCloud name by iCloud Communications - International Business Times

Apple is being sued by iCloud Communications who claims damages and infringement since Apple's launch of the same name iCloud last week in San Francisco.

iCloud Communications wants Apple to stop using the iCloud name, and requesting Arizona district courts for profits made by Apple's iCloud so far.

The complaint filed by the Arizona-based company reads "The goods and services with which Apple intends to use the 'iCloud' mark are identical to or closely related to the goods and services that have been offered by iCloud Communications under the iCloud Marks since its formation in 2005."
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Didn't Apple buy the iCloud trademark? Or was it just the .com web addy they purchased...
    Just wait until Apple starts an iNtel service...
    Weird. I wonder why this company never made a play for the icloud.com domain.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Apple bought the trademark.. nothing to see here, move along

of course, the OP loves to post anything that he perceives as negative Apple news.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Apple bought the trademark.. nothing to see here, move along

of course, the OP loves to post anything that he perceives as negative Apple news.
    Sorry, but in OP's defense: he did not create the news, he is not the author of this article.
    He simply reposted it, infringing copyright in the process.
    I think I agree with both of you.

OP does have a certain flair for dramatics when it comes to certain types of stories, though.
    I've seen this report elsewhere several times, so why bash the OP? Bash all the other places who posted this too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #9  
    HI all,

When Apple had a problem with the name Iphone there was a financial settlement along with the agreement over how the word Iphone could be used. I assume the same will happen here or perhaps Apple will just buy this firm!

I think Apple had a problem with another name a very long time ago....makes me think the don't do enough research.

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group