1.    #1  
    The wireless sync functionality in iOS 5 is eerily similar to an app Apple rejected a year ago. Even the icons look eerily similar.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06..._rejected_app/

Suing a kid, fighting over the term "App Store", and now this. Apple keeps sinking to new lows I couldn't imagine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    maybe the reason they rejected it was because they were so similar. alot of this stuff takes years to come out. depends the priority the company assigns it
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I don't put anything past any big corporation these days. They are almost all shady.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    maybe the reason they rejected it was because they were so similar. alot of this stuff takes years to come out. depends the priority the company assigns it
    +1... and the logo? Yeah, that was a stretch. Here are the images Apple used for Sync and WiFi for years....

You don't understand why Apple would reject an app that provides a backdoor method of syncing to iTunes? That's like saying Apple should have let Palm keep identifying the Pre as an iPod.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    +1 we don't know how long Apple had been working on their wifi sync.
  7.    #7  
    It's Apple that cut people off from a useful product experience. This dev went to Cydia and turned in a pretty penny, so obviously it's an experience people have been wanting for a long time. Just because he, by himself, could work much faster than Apple on that feature doesn't mean they have to cut him off.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You don't understand why Apple would reject an app that provides a backdoor method of syncing to iTunes? That's like saying Apple should have let Palm keep identifying the Pre as an iPod.
    I think everyone here understands why. The point was Apple's implementation of Wifi sync is too similar to this dev's implementation to be a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Here I have to disagree. Wifi sync is modern and sorely needed. It was more likely because the other app allowed more free usage for a device you supposedly own, that Apple didn't like. Apple wants complete control over what people do with their devices. Now that they gave the green light on their end, wireless sync is now "ok". You see why people jailbreak, don't you?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!