1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. Please use the provided link to read the balance of this article.

Take care,

Jay

Sony: The PS3 makes up 30% of Netflix streaming usage
    By Ryan Lawler Jun. 6, 2011, 6:08pm PT

Sony: The PS3 makes up 30% of Netflix streaming usage — Online Video News

UPDATED While Microsoft’s Xbox Live is trying to position itself as the digital hub for living room entertainment, Sony today made the case that it’s already the leading game console for streaming video online. Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Jack Tretton said in front of an audience in its E3 press conference that the game console is the leading provider of Netflix streams to consumers. In fact, he said the game console is accountable for a full 30 percent of Netflix’s streaming usage online.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    News flash: Microsoft releases a press statement claiming the XBox is responsible for the remaining 70%. /s
    The PC, some TVs, Wii, and some Blu-ray players also factor into the remaining 70%. I don't know if 30% is accurate or not, we need to hear from Netflix, they should know. But MSFT will get called to task if they try that. I know it's sarcasm but you never know.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The PC, some TVs, Wii, and some Blu-ray players also factor into the remaining 70%. I don't know if 30% is accurate or not, we need to hear from Netflix, they should know. But MSFT will get called to task if they try that. I know it's sarcasm but you never know.
    MS has me a little mad that you have to have a gold membership to use Netflix on the 360... Should be free (after paying netflix membership). Having said that, I hate Sony, so I still only use my PS3 for BD... Nothing else... May shift netflix over when 360 gold runs out, but IDK.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I believe you have to use your free PSN handle to use Netflix(I rarely watch TV anymore, so don't use Netflix yet). Might be worth looking into just because there's no fee. I'm not happy with that last debacle either. But if you aren't buying games and renting from Sony, you likely don't need to provide a credit card to Sony, just Netflix.

I just checked and all it says is download the software for Netflix. Maybe you don't have to sign into PSN, but don't take my word for it. But I do now remember during the outage people said they could use Netflix just by signing into Netflix, meaning maybe you may not have to sign in to PSN. You're all set if that's the case.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/09/2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Should have said "have to" instead of "can".
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It make sense since a lot of people also bought the PS3 for it's blu-ray player feature. Also the Xbox requires a second subscription to use Netflix and the Wii only does SD streaming.