Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    A nice little add on for the Apple Ecosystem

Real Racing 2 HD For iOS 5 Brings Support For AirPlay Wireless Mirroring On iPad 2

Real Racing 2 is regarded as the best racing simulation on iOS devices and, if today’s update from its developers Firemint is anything to go by, RR2 is set to get even better!

Firemint updated their blog to inform fans that when iOS 5 releases this fall, their game will make use of Apple’s updated AirPlay tech for full screen wireless gaming.

AirPlay was previously limited to just photos and video but Apple announced this past Monday at WWDC that iPad 2s with iOS 5 will have the ability to mirror the entire screen wirelessly to an HDTV that is connected with an Apple TV… using AirPlay.

This updated form of AirPlay, is nothing less than a game-changer.

There is a distinct similarity now between Apple’s iPad 2 and Nintendo’s recently announced Wii U console. While, of course, Wii U is a more traditional home console and caters to the more seasoned gamers, its concept of having a six-inch touch screen that wirelessly works with the console is exactly how things will work with games supporting wireless mirroring on iOS 5.

And there are some marked advantages of the iPad 2 over the Wii U for casual gamers. Things like a larger, capacitive touchscreen versus a resistive one and thousands-upon-thousands of cheap games (most run for under 10$) already. The iPad 2 also isn’t tethered to a console; the console is the iPad 2 itself.

More at the link....

Real Racing 2 HD For iOS 5 Brings Support For AirPlay Wireless Mirroring On iPad 2 | Redmond Pie
    Always amusing to see people describe Apple implementing features that other companies have already done before as "a game-changer".
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Always amusing to see people describe Apple implementing features that other companies have already done before as "a game-changer".
    Who has done this?
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Who has done this?
    Well if you want an easy example, the Wii U isn't the first time Nintendo has done this kind of cross device screen game play.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Well if you want an easy example, the Wii U isn't the first time Nintendo has done this kind of cross device screen game play.
    What tablet or Smartphone does this?
    Sorry, Don, but what this new information bring to us?

It's not a "news"; and yes, only a "ad"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    << off topic posts deleted >>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    What tablet or Smartphone does this?
    A PC tablet.

If you wanted to limit it to just tablets and smartphones then you should have used an article that didn't reference a soon to be released product that isn't a smartphone or tablet.
    that's cool, i didnt know it existed before... Please show me.

give me a link or tell me exactly the PC tablet that is out there that has the ability to wirelessly stream the gameplay to the TV while using the tablet as a controller and its tablet screen for other functions like the example of the racing game using telemetry on the tablet.

a game-changer doesnt have to be a completely new, never been devised product or idea...
    apple didnt invent the smartphone or touch capacitive screens or browsing...
    but the 2g iphone was a game-changer.

i think the author is getting a little excited there... but maybe its gonna be a whole new way people play games. i actually prefer the old days of super mario and a few buttons then multi screens and 20 buttons on a controller.

A PC tablet.
    Last edited by donm527; 06/09/2011 at 03:15 PM.