Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Of all the smartphone OSs that were in common use before the iPhone, BB OS is the last one that hasn't been killed off. It's still doing reasonably well but given what happened to those other systems, there is an concern that it will suffer a similar fate.
    Unfortunately I may leave BB myself. But I do have to say that I view BB as very secure. You can set permissions to where an app can barely run. iOS and Android do not offer this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Unfortunately I may leave BB myself. But I do have to say that I view BB as very secure. You can set permissions to where an app can barely run. iOS and Android do not offer this.
    That's exactly why BB will never truly fade from the enterprise space. the consumers are a fickle bunch that's always looking for the latest razzle and dazzle. BB never offered that and frankly never will.

Rim is not leveraging what they have. Security, reliability and bb messenger. If rim was smart,they would leverage bb messenger a year ago. Intergrate in video conferencing across all future handsets. why release the torch (2) without a forward facing cam? Honestly if they jazzed up the os a little I would head back to bb in a second.

The next thing they need to do is stop leaving sprint and verizon 2 years behind in tech. simultaneous handset releases. Exclusivity deals at this point are only hurting Rim.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Do you have an example of an app barely set to run on BB by policy? I'm interested on what the app is and what the restriction is.

Thanks
    I have several apps on my Curve and they all require permissions to be set. If you do not allow much when you go under the settings, then the app keeps asking for permission to run. The app barely runs as intended. You basically can turn off all apps if you feel like it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123