1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. Please use the provided link to read the rest of the article.

Take care,

Jay

Nintendo Lifts Lid on Wii U for 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

By REUTERS,June 7, 2011,
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Nintendo announced a new videogame console called the Wii U that plays high-definition graphics and features a 6.2-inch touchscreen on its controller, improving on its hit Wii.

The move on Tuesday pressures rivals like Microsoft Corp and Sony Corp to come up with new game systems, and could jumpstart a $65 billion global industry that surpasses Hollywood in size.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Pretty interesting if I do say so myself. Some pretty innovative stuff here. I think it'll catch on, just like the Wii did.
    Sprint Love
    A $250 release price and some upscaling for Wii games and I'll be on board at release.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the console is like $250-$300 at launch. I have to wonder how much the touchscreen controller is gonna be though. At least existing Wii peripherals carry over...
    Sounds like it will be both more expensive than the original Wii was (which was at least part of its appeal) and more expensive than the currently available Xbox 360 and PS3.

However, according to Nintendo Wii U: What you need to know , we at least know that it will be backwards compatible with the original Wii controllers. Hopefully that is a sign that it will also be backwards compatible with original Wii games. If so, I will probably eventually make the switch to the Wii U. I will probably not own more than one of the touchscreen controllers, however, as they are likely to be expensive and I do not play hardcore games on consoles.

Most of all I want to see a new Rock Band game for the Wii U that supports HD, and I want it to import my Rock Band library from my original Wii.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'm pretty sure they mentioned Wii games would be compatible.

While I think they could've picked a better name, the WiiU is definitely something I want.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    this thing is gonna be at least 350, the 3ds is 250 and wii is 150, this thing is like both together with more processing power.... and u still gotta buy wii motes after too~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    A $250 release price and some upscaling for Wii games and I'll be on board at release.
    No upscaling, wii backward compatibility will be there.