1.    #1  
    if you are tired of the lack of info from HP

since HP wont give us any info other then "in coming months" "coming soon", i have a message for HP, "android and itchy thumb" is now the new saying.

the program needs some pollishing but it works like WebOS with cards. if you are tired of HP's maketing of "in coming months", this can be a good alternitive and still have the WebOS experience
    If Ice Cream Sandwich launches before the Pre3 I'm soooooooo gone.
  3.    #3  
    at HP's rate iPhone 6 will come out before the Pre3
    Doesn't matter to me. Android is just an experience that I don't like at all. I'll get an iphone before I get an Android device.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Doesn't matter to me. Android is just an experience that I don't like at all. I'll get an iphone before I get an Android device.
    Android WAS an experience I really didn't like. I haven't seen Ice Cream Sandwich, but along with the upcoming version of Android, manufacturers are having to sign an agreement their devices will support Android updates for at least 18 months. That's huge. Especially when it's obvious that Android's interface is moving towards something that is much cleaner and slick.

webOS is very quickly losing any advantages it has over other operating systems. HP can't afford to sit on the sidelines for years (which is exactly what they've done since buying Palm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    if you are tired of the lack of info from HP

since HP wont give us any info other then "in coming months" "coming soon", i have a message for HP, "android and itchy thumb" is now the new saying...
    There are other options too.

Perfect Task Switcher works like the Honeycomb Recent Apps showing live snapshots of apps. Click X to end them or click on the app to open it. Google showed a neat update that will come in Ice Cream Sandwich. Other options are in the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android

Apple iOS uses cards for their multitasking: Video How to: Using iOS 4.2 Multitasking. Tap Home twice. Flick the cards left or right to see other open apps. Again, they are live snapshots.

They are all advancing so rapidly but only you can know what feels right to you. Maybe have some fun by going to a Best Buy and trying them out for yourself. See what you like.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/07/2011 at 05:35 PM.
    I've got kind of an outsiders view on all this, since I'm still clinging to my BlackBerry until I can get a suitable replacement, but I think WebOS still has a good chance in all this. As I've seen over and over, Android CAN be made to do some amazing things, but usually it means finding an app to replace this function or that feature and tweak it a certain way. The iPhone has the "it just works" Apple mantra behind it, which is at the other end of the scale. WebOS, in my mind, can be the best of both worlds. I think they've got a great OS that "just works" really well, and as everyone here knows they can be tweaked and patched to do stuff well beyond what a stock phone would do. Anyone else have that perspective?

Then there's Microsoft, which just can't seem to get their mobile phone stuff in order. They've got an awesome mobile OS, but the Nokia deal hasn't really resulted in much yet. I'm thinking we'll get a big summer push from HP and then Microsoft/Nokia will put out some great competition later this year. I'm excited for it. There finally will be some good choices on the market that aren't fruit or dessert themed
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    i agree with that.... but im tired of apples policies too.. im crossing my fingers for webos!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I tried itchy thumb. Frankly, it sucks as an imitation of webOS multitasking. Not even close in matching the smoothness of webOS when scrolling and flicking cards.

If you're switching to Android, don't expect this to be a good multitasking solution.
    Haven't used it, but in my experience any imitation skin pales in comparison to the real thing.

I remember using a few iOS-like skins for both PalmOS and WinMo ... they were fun as a gimmick, but didn't do anything for usability.

I'm sure Itchy Thumbs is a pretty slick imitation, but at the end of the day it's still just an interesting coat of paint on a car I lost interest in a long time ago.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    hacking, tweaking, patching or installing something on one OS to make it work similar to another OS is kind of, i don't know, lame. android can keep its itchy thumbs webOS card ripoff and i'll stick to the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    hacking, tweaking, patching or installing something on one OS to make it work similar to another OS is kind of, i don't know, lame. android can keep its itchy thumbs webOS card ripoff and i'll stick to the latter.
    Our Pre's are as patched, themed, and tweaked as we can make them. We have over 400 patches let alone a zillion themes and kernels.

Look at my avatar. I have turned mine into an iPhone.

There are still Android and iOS features that the homebrewers have yet to do but their work is just amazing.

You have got to try out Homebrew. It is so easy and so fun. Our phones cannot be compared to the ones Palm or HP sell.