Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That's likely to keep people from going over their capped data, I don't mind it. Verizon has unlimited but most others do not.
    That, and to suppress the consistent user complaints/error reports of apps taking forever to download or never completing their download.

If you're in a bad signal area a 20+ MB app can take hours to download. It's just quality control, but frustrating nonetheless to those of us that understand things a little more than the average user.
    Hours?? No thanks! AT&T Hotspot equals download all you want. LOL. I use home wifi though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Hours?? No thanks! AT&T Hotspot equals download all you want. LOL. I use home wifi though.
    A weak cell signal will at best give you around 5 - 10 kb/s. To download a 20MB file, at 5kb/s, that's ~1 hour and 6 minutes (at a consistent 5kbps). That's a long time to download an app and quite taxing on the battery.
    Ick, just ick, lol. I have slowest speed AT&T DSL and I suspect it's sometimes throttled(or just slow). But 20MB downloads within I'd say 5 minutes. Not a good testament to the fast internet claims of cellular. At least not in the US.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It just seems backwards. When I'm downloading albums from iTunes in the Cloud and backing up my apps and my data to iCloud, it seems silly to have to find a wifi hotspot to download a 21MB app.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234