Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    BTW, what do people who never back up do if they ever need to one day? They will lose all their settings and app data, yuck. Not fun when your phone is the way you want it. Good thing iOS 5 helps with that.
    You would think. That's happened to my sister twice now; you would think she would have learned her lesson but she hasn't. Still never syncs/backs-up to iTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Those checkboxes only matter to people like you and me who know the difference. Most of my friends and family that own iPhones don't even update their iPhones. Some are still running versions of the OS that came with the device when they bought it. It's not until I tell them they need to update (and why) that they actually update.
    your missing the point. If someone is trying to make an informed decision between AT&T and Verizon for an iphone4, who are they going to go with?
    Verizon needs to be doing everything they can do lure the undecided. Situations like this one just make it seem like they offer an inferior product. people want the latest and greatest, period.

PS, checkboxes matter to LOTS of people. enough that marketing has become largely about touting specs. verizon and att even ran "checkbox" ad campaigns against each other. Android commercials even take care to mention which new devices **** with the latest version of Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Oh noes.... Verizon customers cannot download a BETA version of iOS.
    iOS 4.3 is not a Beta release, it is the current release for everybody but Verizon customers.

Like others this too makes me concerned regarding the Pre 3, being a Sprint Pre user who enjoyed getting the updates in a timely manner.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97o View Post
    iOS 4.3 is not a Beta release, it is the current release for everybody but Verizon customers.

Like others this too makes me concerned regarding the Pre 3, being a Sprint Pre user who enjoyed getting the updates in a timely manner.
    But... the gist of this thread was:

iCloud, other features not available for Verizon iPhone

iCloud is in beta... and Apple does have a iOS5 beta available for the CDMA iPhone in the Developer Portal, so I'd be willing to bet that when iOS5 drops, ALL 3GS & iPhone 4's will get it.
    ... and Apple does have a iOS5 beta available for the CDMA iPhone in the Developer Portal, so I'd be willing to bet that when iOS5 drops, ALL 3GS & iPhone 4's will get it.
    Lol. That's what I've been trying to say here all along, that the iOS GSM/CDMA branches would be merged in iOS 5 meaning VZW/AT&T updates are released at the exact same time.
    Here's what Jon Gruber had to say about iOS 4.3 and VZW a few months back:

Lots of readers asking about the fact that 4.3 is not available for the CDMA (a.k.a. Verizon) iPhone 4. Apple has no official statement on that, but my understanding is that the CDMA iPhone 4 today is a bit like the original iPad was a year ago — it’s on its own branch of iOS. It already has some 4.3 features, like the hotspot, and the word on the street in Cupertino is that it’ll get onto the standard OS update track within the next release or two. I’m not sure if that means iOS 4.3.1 (or whatever), or iOS 5, but it will happen. This is not — I repeat not — the sort of thing where Verizon has any sort of block or hold on OS updates.
    I don't think the iTunes download availability is beta. It looks like a general public release. Can anyone on Verizon confirm it works for them? If it does, then the article is mistaken.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #48  
    But... the gist of this thread was:

iCloud, other features not available for Verizon iPhone

iCloud is in beta... and Apple does have a iOS5 beta available for the CDMA iPhone in the Developer Portal, so I'd be willing to bet that when iOS5 drops, ALL 3GS & iPhone 4's will get it.
    Hi,

1. What I find so interesting in all of this is the fact that V and Apple must have known this when V was preparing to 1st market the Iphone on V.....pity that V's customers weren't really considered in all of this...I know they will get it eventually...but I think Apple did them wrong.....

2. Then again, my guess is that's Apple more than likely had to move faster than they may have wanted to , b/c other firms already had their "cloud" service up and running.

3. I broke my word and gave an opinion on Apple...G-D for bid! LOL! Please Apple fans don't PM me and please keep your comments to a minimum you would have thought I was being tried at the Scopes Monkey trial...not commenting on Apple & the Igod phone!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I found another report that says the Verizon subscribers cannot use the new iTunes cloud update. It does say that it's beta if you go through iTunes, however just going in through the phone app, you can see the iCloud implementation. That was what I'm asking about. Still no answer on this, I don't have a Verizon phone to check. But if they can get in through the phone, that'd be better than totally leaving them out. I do hope this kind of thing will end on iOS5.

Verizon iPhone not yet ready for iCloud | Apple - CNET News
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I found another report that says the Verizon subscribers cannot use the new iTunes cloud update. It does say that it's beta if you go through iTunes, however just going in through the phone app, you can see the iCloud implementation. That was what I'm asking about. Still no answer on this, I don't have a Verizon phone to check. But if they can get in through the phone, that'd be better than totally leaving them out. I do hope this kind of thing will end on iOS5.

Verizon iPhone not yet ready for iCloud | Apple - CNET News
    It has, iOS 5 betas are available for both GSM and CDMA variants which means the branches have been merged and now on a concurrent release schedule.
    But can they get in the cloud through the phone now? If not, then I'd be very unhappy right now on Verizon. On AT&T, I have the option to download all apps plus all media right now if I wanted to and that could certainly come in handy.

But can they get in the cloud through the phone now? If not, then I'd be very unhappy right now on Verizon. On AT&T, I have the option to download all apps plus all media right now if I wanted to and that could certainly come in handy.
    Yes. Both Verizon and AT&T customers have the same capabilities in iTunes and app store.

The only thing VZW iPhone users currently don't have is this:

That's the ability to have music, apps, etc. download immediately across all devices when you purchase something using the same account on a different device or iTunes on your desktop, for instance.

However, all iPhone users do currently have this:

Which is what I think you're referring to. The ability to see all music you have previously purchased and the ability to redownload them, for free, on all your devices.
    Does the "Use Cellular" switch mean they removed the 20MB 3G limit or am I just being ridiculously optimistic?
    I don't have the improved icons(I like the curved look) either, but do have those auto download options.

You have the iOS5 beta right?

Ok that's good that Verizon users can still download through the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Does the "Use Cellular" switch mean they removed the 20MB 3G limit or am I just being ridiculously optimistic?
    I'm not sure. Know of any free >20MB apps I can quickly test?
    I don't have the improved icons(I like the curved look) either, but do have those auto download options.

You have the iOS5 beta right?

Ok that's good that Verizon users can still download through the phone.
    The new sliders are part of some iOS 5 UI changes (nothing major, except for a brand new iPod app on the iPad).
    Try Mahjong Elements. That should be ~50MB or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Try Mahjong Elements. That should be ~50MB or so.
    Nope, the 20MB cap still exists when on 3G.
    That's actually kind of funny considering how much data is getting pushed between iPhones and iCloud. Thanks for checking.
    That's likely to keep people from going over their capped data, I don't mind it. Verizon has unlimited but most others do not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast