Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    It's not innovative to copy what others are already doing, that would be the point. We can give credit for them picking up on and implementing a lot of features and fixing deficients of iOS compared to other platforms but innovating means coming up with something new, not just doing what everyone else was already doing and then selling it as an "industry first".
    Well I am not saying its innovative, just saying its miles ahead of webOS
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    I just don't get the instant hate.

I mean...we all wanted to see Touch-To-Share expand beyond just swapping URLs. Well, Apple showed how to do it. Hopefully, HP can copy that and try to improve on it. Again...we all win. Applaud what the competition does right, then steal it.

That's what Apple is doing, and I think it's why they're winning.
    Well, I don't really blame them. People naturally want webOS to succeed and the stuff Apple showed is a huge obstacle.

But to outright dismiss this is a mistake. When you consider what Apple demoed today and couple it with Google's vertically-integrated Android experience, are there many compelling reasons for your average user to buy a Pre 3 and a TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    whos on there 8th iphone.......yep that's 8 Pres for me. I wish all that was wrong was some signal loss.
    I've owned more than 8 iPods in my life and I've had to replace at least 4 of them at least once...

All that proves is loyalty to the consumer. My MacBook DVD drive broke, and I was unable to reinstall OSX, and it was a day past warranty, did Apple replace it? Nope.

HP has been replacing Pre's out of warranty.....
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

4.    #144  
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chekmate View Post
    This puts HP so far behind that you've got to wonder when they'll get back to basics with MS and have some faith in their bread n butter.
    If the pre3 doesn't do well in won't be surprised if they sell palm. Apple is hitting all marks right now and they'll focus on business soon. Hp is gonna try to push a new os over something known like ios is gonna be tough.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    As expected, this thread is a typically shameless iSuckfest by this site's resident iFanboys. Outside of the iMessage stuff - which I agree threatens to stick the fork in RIM - everything else is a blatant rip-off, two years too late to the party, or nothing beyond what competitors already have the in the works.
    To which I say it's about time. I'm not an iFan who will support no matter what. I have long been not too happy about downloading the whole OS again just for a patch. That alone is a relief. I welcome the notification changes. Cloud sync is certainly welcome but we do know that has bumps in the road still. Hopefully they will try to keep any outages to a minimum(and you know that could happen). I do like that they have a less of a reliance on iTunes for everything though. That was annoying that you couldn't sync too much of anything OTA in a pinch, you had to run to tether to the computer. Unless maybe if you use Dropbox or something.

Some things are not new but they are sorely needed.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    people have gotten jaded expecting apple to come out with something mindblowing at every meeting. i think it's amazing they come out with so much each time. maybe their saving the magic bullet for iphone 5... now that thought is mindblowing.

It's not innovative to copy what others are already doing, that would be the point. We can give credit for them picking up on and implementing a lot of features and fixing deficients of iOS compared to other platforms but innovating means coming up with something new, not just doing what everyone else was already doing and then selling it as an "industry first".
    You know what at the end of the day, no one but webos fans will care. The public will see it as an Apple first. Perception is everything.
    I'm anxious to try out the new changes in iOS 5.

But I get the feeling that even with the cloud, notifications, and all that, it's still gonna be iOS, and by now I'm way bored of iOS. And it's still Apple at the head, telling me exactly how I'm gonna use my device.

No thanks.
    i know... they do their best for answering everyones bug list of gripes and all they can do it say meh, lol. again... wish hp can move that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    To which I say it's about time. I'm not an iFan who will support no matter what. I have long been not too happy about downloading the whole OS again just for a patch. That alone is a relief. I welcome the notification changes. Cloud sync is certainly welcome but we do know that has bumps in the road still. Hopefully they will try to keep any outages to a minimum(and you know that could happen). I do like that they have a less of a reliance on iTunes for everything though. That was annoying that you couldn't sync too much of anything OTA in a pinch, you had to run to tether to the computer. Unless maybe if you use Dropbox or something.

Some things are not new but they are sorely needed.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    You do realize that Apple hired that developer, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    people have gotten jaded expecting apple to come out with something mindblowing at every meeting. i think it's amazing they come out with so much each time. maybe their saving the magic bullet for iphone 5... now that thought is mindblowing.
    Well people expect it because that's what they keep "claiming" they do.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Thing with Apple is, things always work they way they are supposed to, unlike webOS, calendar doesnt sync, reoccuring events cant be individually changed on laptops. Even apple implementation of sharing is better than touch to share, In touch to share one have to touch, while in Apple I could be at work, wife wants a document, I upload on my phone and it uploads itself on Ipad at home. Genius.
    The scenario you presented is syncing not sharing. You're syncing a file between two devices that you own and are set to your profile, even though your wife is using one of those devices. So if both your iPhone and your iPad use the same profile GREAT! However, if you are signed into your iPhone and your wife has her own profile for the iPad, then it's a no go as I understand the functionality they presented.

In fairness you could already do the same thing today with webOS using dropbox, zumo, or one of the other cloud storage applications. That has the added benefit of working cross-platform.

I feel that touch-to-share is going to be a very specifically targeted functionality that will work in concert with other parts of the framework. Example: touch-to-share as a sort of key. I go to my friend's house and we're talking about pictures she took of our kids together. I want a copy. I pull out my phone, tap it to her TouchPad, she okays the connection and starts flinging pics to share, or I browse them from my phone based on whatever limited permissions she's given me. She doesn't have to dig around in menus configuring stuff nor do I. I think we've really only seen the tip of the ice-berg for touch-to-share.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    You know what at the end of the day, no one but webos fans will care. The public will see it as an Apple first. Perception is everything.
    Or Android. Or WP7. They copied from them as well, most heavily from Android.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You do realize that Apple hired that developer, right?
    You do realize that things that already existed are presented like innovations, right?
    It's like HP hiring sconix or any other dev and saying "hey look, we have a new mode switcher thing, isn't it great?"
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Apple hired him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  18.    #158  
    You do realize that things that already existed are presented like innovations, right?
    It's like HP hiring sconix or any other dev and saying "hey look, we have a new mode switcher thing, isn't it great?"
    Innovation doesn't exclude building upon services/ideas and improving them. At least Apple did the right thing here and hired the developer to include him. His reward for his work is much greater being at Apple than before.
    they are innovations... The act of introducing something new... something new on the iphone that wasnt there before. did steve say its something never before seen on any other phone? no. it's a new innovation on the iphone. but haters just getting sensitive on an ios5 post, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    The scenario you presented is syncing not sharing. You're syncing a file between two devices that you own and are set to your profile, even though your wife is using one of those devices. So if both your iPhone and your iPad use the same profile GREAT! However, if you are signed into your iPhone and your wife has her own profile for the iPad, then it's a no go as I understand the functionality they presented.

In fairness you could already do the same thing today with webOS using dropbox, zumo, or one of the other cloud storage applications. That has the added benefit of working cross-platform.

I feel that touch-to-share is going to be a very specifically targeted functionality that will work in concert with other parts of the framework. Example: touch-to-share as a sort of key. I go to my friend's house and we're talking about pictures she took of our kids together. I want a copy. I pull out my phone, tap it to her TouchPad, she okays the connection and starts flinging pics to share, or I browse them from my phone based on whatever limited permissions she's given me. She doesn't have to dig around in menus configuring stuff nor do I. I think we've really only seen the tip of the ice-berg for touch-to-share.
    Touchpad in its current form REQUIRES that both devices use the same profile. So you can touch to share between YOUR TouchPad and YOUR Pre3 but not with someone else's. You will have to use Bump or something else for that.
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 06/06/2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling