Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    lol... come on... we're just having fun... the topic is ios5 and we're all talking in the 'other' section, right? i for one think all the changes, while many overdue, are cool and looking forward to it. just give us current and new owners to play with for another year or until iphone 5 is releases soon after. love the additions that will work with my ipad2 also.

i have to say pretty impressive the list of changes in the timeframe. google tosses out changes superfast too. imo, webos will have to be just as nimble to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    As expected, this thread is a typically shameless iSuckfest by this site's resident iFanboys. Outside of the iMessage stuff - which I agree threatens to stick the fork in RIM - everything else is a blatant rip-off, two years too late to the party, or nothing beyond what competitors already have the in the works.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    "This is the first time we've seen this in the music industry -- no charge for multiple downloads to different devices."

Um, Amazon?
    Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Apple: Destroying competition through loud claims of being the first at everything. Even though what they are claiming to be first at, many other companies are doing and have done for some time.

Maybe they lay claim to firsts because they consider themselves an industry separate from everyone else. So when they say "a first in the industry" they're telling the truth because in their mind "Apple === Industry". Is there maybe a trademark hidden somewhere at the end of "Industry" ?
    and dont forget their marketing machine once they start pushing ios5...
    they'll be pumping ultra slick ads faster than pacman can throw a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by aapre View Post
    Completely agree. webOS might have already had a number of the features that iOS5 is just rolling out but unless you were a complete techie how did Palm or HP ever communicate these features? They didn't, or at least not effectively. Apple will take these, communicate, show how easy it is to use, put on stellar hardware, and then support older hardware through an OS update -- all things Palm / HP failed to do. They had the operating system advantage, but then dropped the ball on the other areas. Its a shame as I love webOS, but if the next iPhone comes to Sprint it will be a very difficult call.
    Thing with Apple is, things always work they way they are supposed to, unlike webOS, calendar doesnt sync, reoccuring events cant be individually changed on laptops. Even apple implementation of sharing is better than touch to share, In touch to share one have to touch, while in Apple I could be at work, wife wants a document, I upload on my phone and it uploads itself on Ipad at home. Genius.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Thing with Apple is, things always work they way they are supposed to
    Personal experience says that needs a sarcasm tag.

In touch to share one have to touch, while in Apple I could be at work, wife wants a document, I upload on my phone and it uploads itself on Ipad at home. Genius.
    Great, they're trying to kill Dropbox now.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'm not impressed -- but it's obvious webOS is going to be playing catch-up in terms of feature parity for a long time. Which is really lame because we had a lot of stuff that the others didn't have until recently.

Make no mistake, I love webOS and I'm confident HP can start pushing the platform ahead. But wow do they have their work cutout for them...
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    This is certainly the death bell for both RIM and HP. If both of them don't innovate fast enough iOS will gobble the whole mobile market.
    iCloud implementation is right now the best in the business. The concept of uploading photo and itunes music sync options on multiple devices, is great.
    iMessage will destroy BBM.
    Notification issue is solved.
    All Apple needs is a 7" tablet!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Apple owns the tablet market and 35% of the phone market and they are late to the party........lol

wake up folks the late ones are HP. Touchpad is the late one, Pre3 is the too late one. We dont even have dates...apps or a cloud is a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    Come on, dude...again....contextual OS-wide dictionary? That's not innovative? The automatic wireless DEVICE (not just apps, but app data, logs, etc.) backup each night? Photostream?

Who is doing these things? Yes, they copied a lot of features. So what. WebOS copied and still copies too. The point is Apple is adding a LOT of features. We aren't adding so many. And it's definitely not because we don't need to. They jumped over Touch-To-Share and Notifications before HP even really started promoting the relaunch of WebOS. Now, they also have swiping between apps. It's genius.
    actually if you look at comments of people, its only few vocal people that are saying iOS-5 is nothing innovative, majority of people are saying its a vast improvement addressing all things that were problems in iOS. When was the last time a webOS update changed everyway the webOS worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    Apple owns the tablet market and 35% of the phone market and they are late to the party........lol

wake up folks the late ones are HP. Touchpad is the late one, Pre3 is the too late one. We dont even have dates...apps or a cloud is a dream.
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

If all these millions of iOS users (I think it's, what, 30+ million?) were happy without these features, imagine how they'll feel when they get them in the fall.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thing with Apple is, things always work they way they are supposed to, unlike webOS, calendar doesnt sync, reoccuring events cant be individually changed on laptops. Even apple implementation of sharing is better than touch to share, In touch to share one have to touch, while in Apple I could be at work, wife wants a document, I upload on my phone and it uploads itself on Ipad at home. Genius.
    Yeah, like the phones who lost their signal if you touched them the wrong way. Things in Apple always work.
    windows 8 tablet was, to me, very impressive.
    make me think they just leapfrogged near the top if they can execute.

Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    This is certainly the death bell for both RIM and HP. If both of them don't innovate fast enough iOS will gobble the whole mobile market.
    iCloud implementation is right now the best in the business. The concept of uploading photo and itunes music sync options on multiple devices, is great.
    iMessage will destroy BBM.
    Notification issue is solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Yeah, like the phones who lost their signal if you touched them the wrong way. Things in Apple always work.
    Or the Oreo in pre minus, where if you touch it wrong it would break
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    whos on there 8th iphone.......yep that's 8 Pres for me. I wish all that was wrong was some signal loss.
    actually if you look at comments of people, its only few vocal people that are saying iOS-5 is nothing innovative, majority of people are saying its a vast improvement addressing all things that were problems in iOS. When was the last time a webOS update changed everyway the webOS worked.
    It's not innovative to copy what others are already doing, that would be the point. We can give credit for them picking up on and implementing a lot of features and fixing deficients of iOS compared to other platforms but innovating means coming up with something new, not just doing what everyone else was already doing and then selling it as an "industry first".
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    I just don't get the instant hate.

I mean...we all wanted to see Touch-To-Share expand beyond just swapping URLs. Well, Apple showed how to do it. Hopefully, HP can copy that and try to improve on it. Again...we all win. Applaud what the competition does right, then steal it.

That's what Apple is doing, and I think it's why they're winning.
    It's like when someone does it better than you, there was a fault, they should have either done it better from start or say its not the best way of doing it better.
    Or the flashlight program on Android, where if you download it it steals your personal information?

I don't get your point.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

We can all agree that this is a huge improvement over iOS 4. But I don't get all the watery eyes and jizzed pants...

Thing with Apple is, things always work they way they are supposed to
    I know a few who'd disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    whos on there 8th iphone.......yep that's 8 Pres for me. I wish all that was wrong was some signal loss.
    Maybe you've been holding your Pre wrong.

(I'm still on my first Pre- I bought on the German realease day).

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    It's not innovative to copy what others are already doing, that would be the point. We can give credit for them picking up on and implementing a lot of features and fixing deficients of iOS compared to other platforms but innovating means coming up with something new, not just doing what everyone else was already doing and then selling it as an "industry first".
    This.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Well, we were talking about the perfection of Apple. Nobody said Palm was perfect. Don't be so defensive.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast