Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    PhotoStream... damned cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Wow. Seriously underwhelmed in the iOS5 announcement. Now they seem to be taking Android and Samsung functionality? Sure do miss the days when Apple was innovating.
    It's to be expected. Those were a lot of powerful features they were missing so it's an easy road map for them to follow.
  3.    #103  
    Wow. Seriously underwhelmed in the iOS5 announcement. Now they seem to be taking Android and Samsung functionality? Sure do miss the days when Apple was innovating.
    Lol. You forgot your sarcasm tag!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Well, we still have a little while before this goes out, but it's awfully tempting. They've addressed quite a few issues. I still hate virtual keyboards though, same stupid missing number row in iOS, and still love the usability of webOS, so those are issues that switching is going to make difficult.

There's also the non-selfish part of me that is concerned from a consumer standpoint that companies like Apple and Google (& MS) replicate companies features so quickly that it makes it very difficult to get into the market without MASSIVE investment. In part that's good for the consumer, but it's also bad because over time it stifles competition. I'm not sure how to fix that, except to be someone who goes counter to the trend and reward less feature-rich phones. Which also means going without.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Ah, finally something I can be happy about - "after 30 days / 1000 pictures - we delete them"
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Underwhelmed? Seriously?

This puts several more nails in the WebOS coffin.
    What I like the most is how the iPad and iPhone are finally integrated, giving you a seamless transition from one device to another. It's like what HP hints at with Touch To Share, only we're actually seeing interesting real world usage cases rather than just, I dunno, sharing a URL between the Pre 3 and the TouchPad.
    You know whats even worse? Apple called others copycats in the last keynote and now basically every new feature in iOS5 was copied from someone else.

palm pre owners would be so lucky to be underwhelmed with an update, lol.
    i'll be happy with my 'new' 3gs with ios5 and then they'll be releasing iphone 5 shortly after? life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Underwhelmed? Seriously?

"This is the first time we've seen this in the music industry -- no charge for multiple downloads to different devices."

Um, Amazon?
    shhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Um, Amazon?
    Underwhelmed? Seriously?

Why? Because Apple finally added features others had two years ago. Wow, you're easy to impress
    OTA Software updates... and Delta updates
    This part made my day. No more 660+MB downloads for minor patches!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    As expected, this thread is a typically shameless iSuckfest by this site's resident iFanboys. Outside of the iMessage stuff - which I agree threatens to stick the fork in RIM - everything else is a blatant rip-off, two years too late to the party, or nothing beyond what competitors already have the in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Why? Because Apple finally added features others had two years ago. Wow, you're easy to impress
    I'm not sure why I'm responding to this trollbait but most of us are impressed with the implementation of these features - not their existence in iOS 5.
    iOS users needed some of those features to tell you the truth. I'm still waiting on individual call delete which every other phone has.

We also need a custom dictionary like Android has.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/06/2011 at 02:01 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think with all these features missing from iOS 4, with iOS 5, Apple's eco-system is way ahead, I would say miles ahead of webOS
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I'm not sure why I'm responding to this trollbait but most of us are impressed with the implementation of these features - not their existence in iOS 5.
    Yawn. I can't see anything special in the integrations. The little things they offer are just additions that come natural when you think of that Apple offers music etc. as well. There's not one little innovative thing in iOS5. Sorry to rain on your parade
    Completely agree. webOS might have already had a number of the features that iOS5 is just rolling out but unless you were a complete techie how did Palm or HP ever communicate these features? They didn't, or at least not effectively. Apple will take these, communicate, show how easy it is to use, put on stellar hardware, and then support older hardware through an OS update -- all things Palm / HP failed to do. They had the operating system advantage, but then dropped the ball on the other areas. Its a shame as I love webOS, but if the next iPhone comes to Sprint it will be a very difficult call.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chekmate View Post
    This puts HP so far behind that you've got to wonder when they'll get back to basics with MS and have some faith in their bread n butter.
    Exactly....

Also, iTunes Match FTW
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast