Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you're going to copy and paste directly from an article kkhanmd, at least give the link to it and give them credit for it.

iOS 5: BBM-style messaging, Android-style notifications, widgets, and more? | This is my next...
    I would have put it on quotes, but everytime I try it it says "text too short" but certainly reading it makes it clear I am not writing it, its written in third person
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    based upon the responses here, as an average user who isn't very tecky, it seems that Apple will be focusing on bringing things that other OS already have, so I am confused about would be so exciting unless you have settled until now.

doesn't appear to be much innovation, coming from a simple fellow.
    "Iphone -4 for 147 dollars on Walmart. 16GB version" of course that is the highest amount of space available on any webOS phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    based upon the responses here, as an average user who isn't very tecky, it seems that Apple will be focusing on bringing things that other OS already have, so I am confused about would be so exciting unless you have settled until now.

doesn't appear to be much innovation, coming from a simple fellow.
    It means if all OSes are same, people may choose the ones that are most stable, have the biggest eco system, is cheap and the biggest app.
    I would really appreciate it if Jobs would just take a break so that the industry can have 8-12 months to catch their breath and finish catching up to the last 2 or 3 innovations.

As a consumer, I'm exhausted trying to keep up with what they are doing. I can imagine how hard it is for competitors to absorb and understand it, and still have the energy to react to it with their own products. Once they finally get a plan for how to compete with the iPad, they have to go back and adjust it to include the iPad2. By the time they get something shipped, they will be trying to figure out how to address iPad3 innovations that Apple has already started shipping. C'mon Steve, give your industry peers a break. You are so fickle, offering a nice target and then moving it once they have a plan to shoot at it. No one likes a moving target. In sports, goal posts are attached so they can't move. The players wouldn't enjoy the game if they weren't.

It makes me realize why a bull gets so frustrated when the matador moves the cape at the last minute after the bull worked so hard to get up to a full head of steam. That's just mean.

Hopefully tomorrow's announcement will be that they are holding off on any more announcements until 2012, just so they can focus on counting money and fulfilling the orders they already have. How are we supposed to enjoy the summer if we can't slow down and relax?

...thank you.
    By the way, make sure you watch the video that is at the bottom of the article linked in the OP. Here is the video link... it's definitely a fantastic video:

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    It means if all OSes are same, people may choose the ones that are most stable, have the biggest eco system, is cheap and the biggest app.
    Well, if Apple adds all the things other OSes have, it can only really claim 2 out of 4 of the things you listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would really appreciate it if Jobs would just take a break so that the industry can have 8-12 months to catch their breath and finish catching up to the last 2 or 3 innovations.

<...>

...thank you.
    I would really appreciate it if Cantaffordit would just take a break from posting so that the rest of the forum members can have 8 - 12 months to catch their breath and finish catching up to his last 2 or 3 crazily knowledgeable posts.

...thank you.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I would really appreciate it if Cantaffordit would just take a break from posting so that the rest of the forum members can have 8 - 12 months to catch their breath and finish catching up to his last 2 or 3 crazily knowledgeable posts.

...thank you.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well, if Apple adds all the things other OSes have, it can only really claim 2 out of 4 of the things you listed.
    Which ones are missing, remember IP-3GS is available for free at some places or less than 50 dollars and IP-4 is available for less than 150 dollars now.
    Which ones are missing, remember IP-3GS is available for free at some places or less than 50 dollars and IP-4 is available for less than 150 dollars now.
    On contract. Don't forget that not everyone wants to be on a contract, or pay AT&T/Verizon prices.

Two of the regional carriers in this area are actually running no-contract free phones right now for signing up for unlimited plans. A couple of those phones are Android phones.
    Let me rephrase, Iphone is as cheap as any other cheap android phone on contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    As much as it pains me to say this, and as much as I dislike iOS currently as an OS, I have a bad feeling about this time. Apple has a rep for doing just this, and it scares me to think that they could rethink their entire operating system and come out with a completely new one that blindsides the entire market... hopefully it won't happen this time.

Apple is the Darpa of consumer technology
    My statement was meant more for android and rim. HP already has a lot of this in the works. They just need to get it out the shop and in people's hands.
    Let me rephrase, Iphone is as cheap as any other cheap android phone on contract.
    But with phones, the price of the phone isn't the only cost to the phone and isn't the only thing that determines how "cheap" it is, especially if you're a consumer looking at prepaid services with sub-$200 smartphones and unlimited use plans.
    From Engadget: on Mac Lion: " 1:14PM It's almost like task-switching in WebOS or QNX on the BlackBerry PlayBook, if you're familiar with those."
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    From Engadget: on Mac Lion: " 1:14PM It's almost like task-switching in WebOS or QNX on the BlackBerry PlayBook, if you're familiar with those."
    Let's not get carried away.... they are simply merging Expose and Spaces.. features that existed long before Webos.
    Yeesh, 25 million iPads sold in the first 14 months. That's nuts.

2.5 billion dollars paid out to developers is even crazier. I guess that explains the lines in the picture posted earlier.
    Notifications, check!
    Did you hear about " Air Drop" you can look who is around you on wifi and just drop a file or accept one, sweet
    The lockscreen notifications look pretty cool. I like being able to access the content without necessarily having to open the app.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast