Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Epocrates will be deactivated on June 14th on all webOS devices
    What reason was given? It's never good when you lose apps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    IIRC, Epocrates actually dropped webOS support last year but gave their users a few months to migrate to a supported platform. Losing apps sucks but it sounds like they handled it well.
    I guess I don't see how iOS5 is that big of a game changer. The OS is still a grid of apps. Now you have manageable notifications, cool. Now you have a BB messaging service (open up that app, leave it running). They integrated twitter, but other than that, it just feels like more of the same to me.

iCloud is redundant (how many cloud storage services do you need?), and i'm sure that the ability to transfer your data from your iphone to any other source is going to get a whole lot messier.

I don't see why everyone wants to stream their own music to their phones as opposed to keeping them on the device. Flash storage is just getting cheaper, but data plans aren't.

I was more impressed with the Mango announcement than iOS5. Just saying.
    For one, it pits itself directly against Android, Google and Amazon(who apparently loves taking on Apple) with the included features.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post

iCloud is redundant (how many cloud storage services do you need?), and i'm sure that the ability to transfer your data from your iphone to any other source is going to get a whole lot messier.
    I think you should take a look at the video with the iPhoto demonstration of using iCloud. Take a picture, do nothing and it is available on your other devices without any user interaction.

That is a really big feature. Sure I can sort of do it today with Dropbox, but nowhere near that seamless.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    I think you should take a look at the video with the iPhoto demonstration of using iCloud. Take a picture, do nothing and it is available on your other devices without any user interaction.

That is a really big feature. Sure I can sort of do it today with Dropbox, but nowhere near that seamless.
    So in other words, pictures will automatically take up large amounts of your data on your data plan without you even doing anything. I don't know if I like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    So in other words, pictures will automatically take up large amounts of your data on your data plan without you even doing anything. I don't know if I like that.
    I think you can turn it off.

I agree with you though, limited data plans are the biggest enemy of cloud adoption. There are so many cool things we could be doing if we didn't have to worry about data buckets.
    I wonder if that can be chosen in the settings. I wouldn't want auto-sync either. I'd like the choice.

Thisismynext and BGR have the iOS 5 beta installed. Maybe we'll find out more about selective iCloud syncing.

Apple iOS 5 for iPhone and iPad hands-on | This is my next...
    Apple iOS 5 iPhone / iPad 2 hands-on!
    No word on individual call delete yet. Come on Apple, that's a basic!

Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    I guess I don't see how iOS5 is that big of a game changer. The OS is still a grid of apps. Now you have manageable notifications, cool. Now you have a BB messaging service (open up that app, leave it running). They integrated twitter, but other than that, it just feels like more of the same to me.

I don't see why everyone wants to stream their own music to their phones as opposed to keeping them on the device. Flash storage is just getting cheaper, but data plans aren't.

I was more impressed with the Mango announcement than iOS5. Just saying.
    I highlighted the issues you are having. To many I's. The world is made up of more than I. It is that fact that will make this a win for IOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I highlighted the issues you are having. To many I's. The world is made up of more than I. It is that fact that will make this a win for IOS.
    But Apple's world is made up of "i"s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    But Apple's world is made up of "i"s.
    Good one! You got me on that!
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's there.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    It's there... confirmed
    Hurray!!! That bothered me for a long time.

Somehow I missed the very last sentence in BGR's report, lol. BTW, is anyone here testing iOS5 beta?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/06/2011 at 08:55 PM.

They just moved even farther ahead in mobile OS. 3 months! HP! Microsoft! Google! Blackberry! Get to it!!!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Google just needs to light a fire under manufacturers to get Gingerbread out faster to any devices that can utilize it, for now anyway. MSFT needs to get Mango out. BB unfortunately seems stuck. HP needs to get the TouchPad and Pre 3 rolling out ASAP!

BB is swirling the bowl. i wonder if they got wind of the new messenging system and thats why they are making BBM available on other platforms. That's basically a white flag at that point.

Google just needs to light a fire under manufacturers to get Gingerbread out faster to any devices that can utilize it, for now anyway. MSFT needs to get Mango out. BB unfortunately seems stuck. HP needs to get the TouchPad and Pre 3 rolling out ASAP!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    those 200 features pretty much cover every requests/complaints fan/non-fan boys had!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast