Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 250
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    The iTune Match service will cost you $25 per year. You don't have to pay per song. Also there is not storage limit. I'm not an iTune your, but if I'm reading this right, Apple will give me fresh copies of my 400+ cds if have riped in wma format(128 bit rate) in aac format (256 bit rate) AND store it for me in the clouds!

    I was getting ready to re-rip my cd library to mp3 format to store on Amazon's Cloud Drive. I my not do that now.
    Which sounds great, but now try to move those DRM free songs onto your computer, lets say. That is why I'm wondering what will happen then.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Apple takes years as well. The difference is Apple doesn't mention it until they've almost completed it. They don't tell "outsiders" what they're working on even when they're just working to add missing features.
    Well they kinda just did that. These "new" features won't be available till "the fall". Thats not the same as showing hardware in February and saying it will be out in the summer but its close. They are just holding it back to coincide with the release of the iphone 5. I'm sure the day they announce that phone will be the same day iOS 5 can be downloaded. Hopefully HP will improve on this for future releases/updates.
  3. #203  
    IDK what to say. I hate apple but iOS5 is basically the best of all smartphones in one package. How can you say no to Apple at this point? they have the cloud, wireless syncing, they already have the apps, once they get multitasking done right they will have a monopoly.
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Well they kinda just did that. These "new" features won't be available till "the fall". Thats not the same as showing hardware in February and saying it will be out in the summer but its close. They are just holding it back to coincide with the release of the iphone 5. I'm sure the day they announce that phone will be the same day iOS 5 can be downloaded. Hopefully HP will improve on this for future releases/updates.
    I was actually referring to HP's speculation on future TTS functionality. Nothing concrete and potentially years off.
  5. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    Come on, dude...again....contextual OS-wide dictionary? That's not innovative? The automatic wireless DEVICE (not just apps, but app data, logs, etc.) backup each night? Photostream?

    Who is doing these things? Yes, they copied a lot of features. So what. WebOS copied and still copies too. The point is Apple is adding a LOT of features. We aren't adding so many. And it's definitely not because we don't need to. They jumped over Touch-To-Share and Notifications before HP even really started promoting the relaunch of WebOS. Now, they also have swiping between apps. It's genius.
    Looks like I'll be returning to the iphone especially now that the epocrates kill switch will be activated on webos in about a week. Notifications was one of the things I hated about iOS but it appears to be much better now.
  6. #206  
    Epocrates kill switch? Whats that's?
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    oh no, it can get buggier, lol. and i only have a couple of jailbreak apps. but you can have your windows bug out and go into a jailbreak safemode and you have to respring to get it ok at inconvenient times. or it does get slow because some apps are very resource intensive.
    That sounds kind of like what I see right now without a jailbreak... I've pretty much just gotten use to the fact that my device is likely to crash at least once a day, even when it's just sitting there on my desk in stand by the white Apple appears and I jsut look at it and think "but you weren't even doing anything...."
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I was actually referring to HP's speculation on future TTS functionality. Nothing concrete and potentially years off.
    Aha

    Well maybe HP will surprise us this week and show some new type of TTS functionality at their Discover event such as some continuous client type of stuff. That would send a little chill up Apple's spine if they could pull that off and steal a little bit of their thunder. I doubt it though.
  9. #209  
    icloud for music looks a little buggy in its beta form according to Topolsky demo:
    iTunes in the Cloud iOS 4.3 beta hands-on (video) | This is my next...


    with web browser music sharing-ala Amazon, friends can hear a song you have as long as you upload it and share the same account (or give them your account info), this helps as grooveshark does not have every song i want others to hear (and sounds like itunes would be more restricted)
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    That sounds kind of like what I see right now without a jailbreak... I've pretty much just gotten use to the fact that my device is likely to crash at least once a day, even when it's just sitting there on my desk in stand by the white Apple appears and I jsut look at it and think "but you weren't even doing anything...."
    Which device is this? Do you have too much stuff running? Check the task manager. I sometimes do and realize that all the apps I thought I closed may still be registering. Someone else mentioned in another thread that they were told this could drain battery life.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    System wide Dictionary? Newsstand? Automatic device backup nightly?
    Yes, underwhelming. ^^ Nice for iOS but still underwhelming for others.

    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Underwhelmed? Seriously?

    This puts several more nails in the WebOS coffin.
    Is that the only argument? What does WebOS have to do with this? It wasn't a WebOS announcement, it was an iOS one. WebOS isn't even at the starting line. Can't compete with someone who isn't even in the race. Stay on topic please.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    iOS users needed some of those features to tell you the truth. I'm still waiting on individual call delete which every other phone has.

    We also need a custom dictionary like Android has.
    ^^ Reasonable response. Makes sense.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I was actually referring to HP's speculation on future TTS functionality. Nothing concrete and potentially years off.
    Blackberry is using NFC for --- building access.

    Google, RIM: Divergent NFC Plays | SiliconANGLE
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Scan&Match is pretty big for the iTunes syncing, but having it only download (aka, no streaming) makes it worthless. The whole idea of wanting music in the cloud is that I've got 100GB of music, and devices that hold up to maybe 32 or 64GB.
    Then upload your 100 gigs to amazon or google and be done with it. Have fun with that.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would really appreciate it if Jobs would just take a break so that the industry can have 8-12 months to catch their breath and finish catching up to the last 2 or 3 innovations.

    As a consumer, I'm exhausted trying to keep up with what they are doing. I can imagine how hard it is for competitors to absorb and understand it, and still have the energy to react to it with their own products. Once they finally get a plan for how to compete with the iPad, they have to go back and adjust it to include the iPad2. By the time they get something shipped, they will be trying to figure out how to address iPad3 innovations that Apple has already started shipping. C'mon Steve, give your industry peers a break. You are so fickle, offering a nice target and then moving it once they have a plan to shoot at it. No one likes a moving target. In sports, goal posts are attached so they can't move. The players wouldn't enjoy the game if they weren't...That's just mean...
    I had to re-read this to think what to say. I feel your frustration.

    Few of us like Apple. But companies who innovate quickly define the market. It's not mean. It is good business.

    In athletics the goalposts are constantly moving. Lippincott won the 100m gold medal at 10.6 seconds. Today, to qualify for high school state, you have to beat that Olympic Gold time. Usain Bolt redefined the 100m in Beijing at 9.69 seconds. Some day that will be the state qualifying time.

    It is exhausting to copy an innovative company's products. You'll never catch up. Instead of copying, innovate. Think beyond them.

    Kia, like so many others, beats or matches every single spec, not from last year but what's coming next year. And then nail the most important spec: be 20% cheaper.

    The one to watch is Samsung. On Feb 13, Samsung announced the Galaxy Tab 10.1. On Mar 2, the thinner, lighter iPad 2 was announced. On Mar 22, Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy 10.1 and passed out 5000 on May 10. What we are seeing is really the Tab 10.1 II that was to hit this fall.

    Don't catch up. Define.
  15. ogeneo's Avatar
    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

    Is that the only argument? What does WebOS have to do with this? It wasn't a WebOS announcement, it was an iOS one. WebOS isn't even at the starting line. Can't compete with someone who isn't even in the race. Stay on topic please.

    .
    The fact of the matter is that iOS just made some huge strides and with 5.0 they will be even tougher to compete.

    WebOS is not in the game because they have nothing to compete with Apple.

    They are in the "smartphone space" and have been for a few years, they just haven't brought compelling product to the table. This latest release from Apple makes the hole they are trying to dig themselves from even deeper.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    The fact of the matter is that iOS just made some huge strides and with 5.0 they will be even tougher to compete.

    WebOS is not in the game because they have nothing to compete with Apple.

    They are in the "smartphone space" and have been for a few years, they just haven't brought compelling product to the table. This latest release from Apple makes the hole they are trying to dig themselves from even deeper.
    This is so key. iOS is improving in a way that webOS simply cannot because they don't have the user base or the existing infrastructure to do so.
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    The fact of the matter is that iOS just made some huge strides and with 5.0 they will be even tougher to compete.

    WebOS is not in the game because they have nothing to compete with Apple.

    They are in the "smartphone space" and have been for a few years, they just haven't brought compelling product to the table. This latest release from Apple makes the hole they are trying to dig themselves from even deeper.
    Right now the mobile space is a two horse race with both of the leaders having greatly increased their leads in the past month, especially in Apple's case. Even if those two might be running neck and neck it doesn't help the rest that continue to fall further behind.
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

    Is that the only argument? What does WebOS have to do with this? It wasn't a WebOS announcement, it was an iOS one. WebOS isn't even at the starting line. Can't compete with someone who isn't even in the race.
    The problem, as I see it, is Google and Apple essentially
    move the starting line further and further ahead with each release. What we know of the Pre 3, TouchPad, webOS 2.2 and webOS 3.0 sounds like it makes for a very competent 2010 platform. The problem is Google and Apple redefined what mobile looks like in 2011.
  19. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Epocrates kill switch? Whats that's?
    Epocrates will be deactivated on June 14th on all webOS devices
  20. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    The fact of the matter is that iOS just made some huge strides and with 5.0 they will be even tougher to compete.

    WebOS is not in the game because they have nothing to compete with Apple.

    They are in the "smartphone space" and have been for a few years, they just haven't brought compelling product to the table. This latest release from Apple makes the hole they are trying to dig themselves from even deeper.
    Agree, the iphone is now morphing into a treo/BB after it was an ipod with a phone tacked on. I like the fact that there's native wireless outlook sync in addition to the cloud unlike webos which only has an incompetent calendar and the cloud.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions