1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Well this just keeps going & going & going...The link will take you to the rest of the article.

Take care,

Jay

Sony probing claim hackers stole user information

By RAPHAEL G. SATTER and CASSANDRA VINOGRAD, Associated Press Raphael G. Satter And Cassandra Vinograd, Associated Press 06/02/2011, 15 mins ago

Sony probing claim hackers stole user information - Yahoo! News

LONDON Sony has been hit by a second massive data breach, hackers claim, another potential embarrassment for a company that is struggling to restore its image following the loss of tens of millions of credit card numbers through its PlayStation Network.

The hackers, who call themselves LulzSec, said they pulled off what they described as an elementary attack to highlight Sony's "disgraceful" security.

"Every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just a matter of taking it," LulzSec said in a statement. "They were asking for it."
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow, sony is over....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    its not a hoax, they have published their findings. over one million usernames and pws, none of it encrypted.... what a shame... sony is crazy
    THANKS~!!
  5.    #5  
    Hi all

I'm sure glad right now I'm not Howard Stringer the CEO of Sony!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I did read that. I'm just scratching my head if this is true.

Plain text passwords????

Hackers steal more customer info from Sony servers | Circuit Breaker - CNET News
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I sort of feel bad for Sony. First, they have to endure the hardship of going through an earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear accident. Then, the hackers kick them while they're down three times.

These hackers have no honor or dignity.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I sort of feel bad for Sony. First, they have to endure the hardship of going through an earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear accident. Then, the hackers kick them while they're down three times.

These hackers have no honor or dignity.

Hi,

I agree with you....there have been jerks on the Internet from the minute the Internet was open to the public.... slightly OT: Fourteen years ago, I went on a cruise from Tokyo around the Japanese islands, with a bunch of stops in Japan, to the Russian far east w/ 3 stops in Russia & ending in Alaska with three more stops....I was in the area were the Tsunami was and from the photos I couldn't pick anything out...the Tsunami had so completely obligated the area....

MY friends in Japan were all lucky not to have been in juried, however it is horrifying what happened. The lose of life is appalling!

Take care, Jay
    Perhaps not a hoax. I don't know what to say here. How can any huge corporation be this easy to keep hacking into? Sympathy or not for Sony, some questions need to be asked of it.

Sony Pictures breach confirmed to be authentic; Sony launches investigation

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, at this point sony has lost all credibility, after they make on the investment on their infrastructure, they will have to shell out another few billion for the lawyers....
    THANKS~!!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/06/2011 at 06:44 PM.

I got sick of Lulz a long time ago. This is getting ridiculous.

I think it was that first attack from Anonymous after the quake that broke the camel's back. Think about it, they got attacked shortly after the worst earthquake in a long time. People were weary, electricity was intermittent, and it was at that time that Anonymous chose to attack to defend some guy (seriously, guys, just support an open source game platform like the Pandora instead of hacking up the PS3 and attacking Sony). Who knows what Anonymous stole during that first attack that facilitated all subsequent attacks.

13.    #13  
    Hi I agree enough is enough!

take care,

jay
  14.    #14  
    Hi all,

I feel as if they are breaking into SONY 2 or 3 times a day....Please use the link below to see the rest of this article.

Take care,

Jay

Hackers Claim to Have Hit Sony Again

By REUTERS, June 6, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hackers calling themselves Lulz Security said on Monday that they had broken into Sony Corp computer systems again, and posted the results on the Internet.

The group, which has claimed credit for a prior attack on Sony's systems, posted what appeared to be Sony BMG network maps from a New York city office and what they said was 54 megabytes of Sony developer source code.

"We are looking into these claims," Jim Kennedy, a spokesman for Sony Pictures Entertainment, said in an email.

Last week, the group said it had broken into Sony's computer network and accessed information on more than 1 million customers to show the vulnerability of the company's systems. In that attack, the group of hackers, who have managed to keep themselves anonymous, published names, birth dates, street addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and passwords of people who had entered contests promoted by Sony.