1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. Please use the provided link for read the rest of the article.

Take care,

Jay

Sharp Smartphone Shift to Help Boost Profit: Nikke

iBy REUTERS, June 2, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said it plans to dedicate more than 70 percent of output at one of its liquid-crystal display (LCD) panel plants to small panels for smartphones and tablets, a move the Nikkei newspaper says is expected to boost the company's 2011/2012 earnings.

The company "appears to have received" a new order for Apple Inc's iPad, the Nikkei said, without citing sources.

The gradual shift in emphasis from large panels is expected to help improve earnings in the current year, although the electronics maker will likely make a net loss for April-June, the paper said.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmil1212 View Post
    Why post these without offering an opinion? If you don't care, why should anyone else?
    Hi,
    I offered it for information only, there isn't much to have an opinion on int his article...Sharp is shifting more of it's production to smartphone screens, since the large screen business is so completive, that they can't make enough money at it...those are facts, no much to have an opinion on Sharp is doing what it has to do to stay in Biz, good for them.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Jay,

I appreciate the articles you find. Thanks.

Digitmes says that this plant is already starting production for the larger iPhone 4S displays.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Jay,

I appreciate the articles you find. Thanks.

Digitmes says that this plant is already starting production for the larger iPhone 4S displays.
    Hi, I must say, you can't go by me...the fact that flat panel LCD TV have dropped in price. I wouldn't have bought one until one of my TV's died. However my finance bought one for me, last year for my birthday, in my (what will be our) bedroom. I gave my perfectly good SONY regular TV to her son. It's great, but I'm still not replacing the one in the kitchen, 2 other bedrooms or den until they die....

Now as for a new smartphone to replace my Centro, I hope to be the 1st in line for my brand new nice and shiny PRE3!

Take care,

Jay