Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This will be an instance where I will say "I told you so." Not because RIM has failed to innovate, but because they hang their hat on BES/BIS, and no one (who works in an IT department) wants or needs to deal with that mess. BlackBerry platform already is obsolete IMO. It isn't heading there; it's been there for quite some time.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'll believe corporations don't want them when I see it. That is their biggest base, still. If corps start telling them to take a hike despite them being very secure, then I will say they are completely finished. They are not doing well with consumers, but corporate seems another story.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm already seeing it. With smartphones gaining so much ground at the consumer level, employees don't want to be told what device to use, nor do they want to carry around a work phone and a personal phone. They want to use their own smartphones, and in the land of iPhones and Androids, very few want to use BlackBerries. My partner's employer offers either a Sprint phone on a corporate plan (it isn't a BlackBerry... not sure what the current model is however), or they are permitted to expense up to $120 a month for their own phone and plan on whichever carrier they choose. The majority have iPhones, naturally, but others have Androids (partner has an EVO). Only a handful have BlackBerries, and I know her employer is not maintaining and paying for a BES for a handful of employees.

In addition, ever since Exchange 2003 SP2, MS has pretty much rendered BES completely unnecessary, as it provides few features that are not already included in Exchange. I haven't even bothered doing a more recent comparison using Exchange 2010 SP1.

That's why I've been saying for a long time that BB can go somewhere and die. The teeny-boppers still like BBM, but as a business device, it's finished.
    Last edited by Syndil; 06/03/2011 at 05:21 AM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I've already seen new companies making the recent choice to (one in particular of 400 employees) issue Verizon BB's to their empoyees within the last 3 months.

Just sayin...

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Drop in the bucket. Won't stop the trend.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Only if management is run more by somewhat younger generations who are comfortable with iPhone and Android. Then I think I would see Blackberries being dropped in droves by corporations. But there are people younger than me using BB.

And there was a rotating ad on here about Athena, some remote secure maintenance program for corporate BBs. Security is one reason I believe BB may not disappear as soon as we think.

Mobile Device Management Software for Enterprises | Odyssey Software: Configuration Manager + Athena
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12