Hi all,

Just a year or two ago, we never thought a merger might be necessary for Palm and now perhaps for Nokia & Rim. Perhaps Nokia & RIM will merge together.

Yesterday, I posted an article that Carl Icahn, who I know, is considering pressuring RIM to unseat both Co-Chairs of RIM.

Carl is best known as a green-mailer and often finds value on braking up, merging or pressuring the board of directors.

A merger between Nokia and BB may also put MS in a difficult situation, depending on which OS they would use.

Make sure you use the link to get to the balance of the article.

Take care,

Jay

Nokia Must Consider a R-I-M Merger, Survival Risks For Both
JON C. OGG, Posted: May 31, 2011 at 11:01 am

Nokia Must Consider a R-I-M Merger, Survival Risks For Both (NOK, RIMM, MSFT, AAPL, GOOG, HPQ, ERIC) - 24/7 Wall St.

Over the last week, 24/7 Wall St. has been working on two different pieces about Nokia Corporation (NYSE: NOK) and Research-in-Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ: RIMM). Nokia was “Nokia’s No Way Out Scenario” and R-I-M’s was effectively “R-I-M, The New Palm, Four Years Later…” Unfortunately, bad news comes out of these two companies about as fast as research can be done on each new bad situation. Nokia’s warning this morning is probably just the prelude to another R-I-M warning that investors have learned to get used to.

Read more: Nokia Must Consider a R-I-M Merger, Survival Risks For Both (NOK, RIMM, MSFT, AAPL, GOOG, HPQ, ERIC) - 24/7 Wall St. Nokia Must Consider a R-I-M Merger, Survival Risks For Both (NOK, RIMM, MSFT, AAPL, GOOG, HPQ, ERIC) - 24/7 Wall St.