Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Syndil
  • 1 Post By milominderbinde
  1.    #1  
    See: Sprint / Motorola event next month could be for Photon 4G: global roaming, WiMAX, and Tegra 2

    Details on one of the new products seems to be leaking out:
    4.3"
    qHD (960x540)
    1.2 GHz Tegra 2 dual core
    8MP
    4G and GSM global roaming

    Another expected product is the Xoom 4G.
  2. #2  
    Probably just another boring iDEN device.
  3.    #3  
    Sprint doesn't hold press events for Nextel phones. They are trying to get those over to Sprint not the other way around.
  4. #4  
    I was just kiddin' After the last announcement, I am just prepared to be underwhelmed. I suspect it's the Xoom with Wimax.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I was just kiddin' After the last announcement, I am just prepared to be underwhelmed. I suspect it's the Xoom with Wimax.
    Ahh. I didn't get it at first.

    The announcement says that Motorola and Sprint will have plural announcements. The press seems to think that the WiMax 4G Xoom will be one of them. Both it and the Photon 4G (Atrix) were first rumored to announced for Sprint in April.

    Most are saying Atrix and Xoom and most likely one other top of the line phone. I can't remember the last time Motorola had any top of the line device on Sprint.

    Hopefully Sprint learned their lesson after their Echo debacle last winter. Everyone still rides them on the year-old specs in the Echo. We will see if they have learned their lesson.

    The Photon will be fast and is supposed to have Near Field Communication but it is the Samsung Galaxy S II (to be the Sprint Within) that is blowing everything else away.
  6. #6  
    What is better?
    Motorola Photon on Sprint versus HP Pre3 (on AT&T or Verizon)
  7. #7  
    A Motorola StarTAC on Sprint is better than anything on AT&T or VZW. But seriously, I'd take the Photon over switching carriers. Actually I'd take the XPRT over the Photon.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    What is better?
    Motorola Photon on Sprint versus HP Pre3 (on AT&T or Verizon)
    No one else can tell you what you will like best.

    Try them out and see what you like.

    Here is the comparison of specs:

    Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D vs. HP Pre 3 and Veer

    There are threads about the rumors that the Pre 3 may be delayed until Sept in the US to allow HP time to address some of the spec differences.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    No one else can tell you what you will like best.

    Try them out and see what you like.

    Here is the comparison of specs:

    Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D vs. HP Pre 3 and Veer

    There are threads about the rumors that the Pre 3 may be delayed until Sept in the US to allow HP time to address some of the spec differences.
    Yet another smartphone has entered the fray and caught my eye: The Samsung Galaxy S2. Already Engadget has reviewed it triumphantly labeling it as "The Best SmartPhone of 2011". So, I will decide between the Mototora Photon and the Samsung Galaxy S2.

    Note: No worries, if and when Sprint and HP decide to patch up with each other and then release the next HP webOS device, I will return to webOS as quickly as anyone can say, "Ice Cream Sandwich" aka Android version 4.0, due out late this year.

Posting Permissions