Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    You snooze, you lose, you've been beaten to the market by another Touchpad running Android

They're already on their 2nd Touchpad too
    Looks like animation for just another Android tablet. Next....
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    You snooze, you lose, you've been beaten to the market by another Touchpad running Android

I didn't realize HP was making an Android tablet.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

1stly, wonder how the trademark for TouchPad is coming along. This could be hit with a C&D.

2ndly, if you want to buy this, fine. You are free to go away and join their forums. No need for your negativity here.
    How the chineses say "TouchPad"? "Rouchi Padi"

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Their 2nd touchpad is only 7", launching with Android 2.1 Eclair, doesn't support Flash and looks like it's only sold in the UK. I think HP will be fine
    i think the majority of you missed the point of the OP. he is not saying that this tablet is better than HPalm's or anything like that. he is just saying that there already is a tablet out there with the same name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    i think the majority of you missed the point of the OP. he is not saying that this tablet is better than HPalm's or anything like that. he is just saying that there already is a tablet out there with the same name.
    Yeah. I think some of you need to update your sarcasm software.
    Honestly, the promotional video for this is better than the crap HP came up with.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    ^ Have to agree. I really enjoyed this video, even though the device doesn't appeal to me. The video HP came up with for the TouchPad looks like something awful from the early 90s. Mostly, it's the pacing and the music.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    You are free to go away and join their forums. No need for your negativity here.
    Calm down dear, check my post history and you'll see I'm quite the avid webOS fan boy, as has been mentioned above, sarcasm meters are broken and the fact that I added this: at the end of my post has also been missed. I just find it funny that some little white label company has put out a crappy 7 inch Android tablet with a resistive screen and called it the Touchpad way before HP has even got the real thing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    Oh now you tell us.... Would have been better to hear that before my 3rd cup of coffee
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    maybe its pronounced "Touché Pad" (as in fencing)...
    I don't know OP, that thing looks downright ugly compare with THE Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ^ Have to agree. I really enjoyed this video, even though the device doesn't appeal to me. The video HP came up with for the TouchPad looks like something awful from the early 90s. Mostly, it's the pacing and the music.
    If you liked that video check out the promotional video for the new Toshiba tablet. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at239100050003 Toshiba made a good video here. I also like the back, inputs, camera and color options. Too bad that thing doesn't run webOS 3.0!

I'll still be getting the TouchPad. Hardware can only do so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    If you liked that video check out the promotional video for the new Toshiba tablet. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at239100050003 Toshiba made a good video here. I also like the back, inputs, camera and color options. Too bad that thing doesn't run webOS 3.0!

I'll still be getting the TouchPad. Hardware can only do so much.
    I do like the Toshiba video but I don't see how it has a chance at $449.

The Transformer has better specs and a better display and is $399.

See the comparison: HP TouchPad vs. iPad 2, Xoom, PlayBook, Galaxy 10, Acer, Asus
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/25/2011 at 09:04 PM.
    You can research Trademark information on the USPTO website, if you look up Touchpad you will see there is 17 records and most belong to HP

http://tess2.uspto.gov/
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts