1.    #1  
    Bloomberg: Google and Sprint offering mobile payment service, will roll out first in NYC and then in 5 other cities.

For Palm/HP: as google/sprint partnership grows tighter, seems increasingly unlikely they will offer the Pre3 on Sprint to be pit against these new "special Android" phones although they might offer the TouchPad. HP will have to hope its VZW relationship grows tighter. (Another article I read [from applicious] says VZW iphones are not updated to the latest IOS, unlike ATT--hard to say what VZW will favor as its top phone)

Google Said to Plan Mobile-Payment Service Unveiling in New York - Bloomberg
    I don't think Sprint is going to tie itself to one maker. They will happily sell RIM, Android, webOS, or any other type of phone.

As these different platforms offer new "features", Sprint will integrate them.

HP sells a metric crap-ton of computers and printers through Best Buy and Office Depot. But, those stores will gladly sell me an Acer computer or a Epson or Kodak printer.
  3.    #3  
    In phones, HP may want to debut its flagship phone as a flagship offering to the carrier, not an also-ran in a company whose reps perceive themselves in tight partnership with Google. iphone is flagship to ATT, I'm not sure iphone or android is flagship anymore to VZW although clearly very very popular with reps and customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    In phones, HP may want to debut its flagship phone as a flagship offering to the carrier, not an also-ran in a company whose reps perceive themselves in tight partnership with Google. iphone is flagship to ATT, I'm not sure iphone or android is flagship anymore to VZW although clearly very very popular with reps and customers.
    Reps want to sell. They will "sell" whatever is easiest to move. Reps aren't very tied to the customer. They will be happy with whatever is the more popular choice as it means most units at least work.

I'm not worried about "flagship" status. HP will need to market its products. That is all. But, the carriers will carry these things unless there is some contract problem (either exclusive deal with one or lack of agreement).

Sprint will NOT say "no thanks HP and Apple. We have a 'tight relationship' with android and do not want your offerings"