1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have to agree, Sony Ericsson really needs to jazz up it's line or it's line up will crash and burn. Please use the supplied link to read the balance of the article.

Take care,

Jay

Analysis: Sony Ericsson Needs Sony Firepower for Android War

By REUTERS, May 24, 2011, (Additional reporting by Isabel Reynolds in Tokyo; Editing by Sophie Walker and Alexander Smith)

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

STOCKHOLM/HELSINKI (Reuters) - Japan's Sony needs to assert control over Sony Ericsson if the handset joint venture is to recoup market share and relevance in the cut-throat world of mobile devices.

Last year the 10-year-old venture set itself the ambitious target of capturing the market for Google's Android platform, the world's most popular smartphone software, in order to rake in returns from the fast-growing and profitable market.

But to reach its goal, Sony Ericsson needs a dynamic owner with deep pockets and multimedia assets. Its brand is languishing by comparison with Apple Inc, whose iPhones and iPads have wowed gadget-hungry consumers.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I used to be a big sony-ericcson fan. My second mobile phone was a SE w600i, and I followed that with a w810i, which was probably my favorite non-smartphone (I still have it lying on my shelf of previous phones display. Yeah by today's standards it is lacking but for the time it was a nearly perfect phone.

I finally decided to get a smartphone and at&t didn't have one of theirs so got a moto q9h instead (which wasn't too exciting but had an awesome keyboard). I missed SE, thoough, and had been very much anticipating the (original) xperia before it came out, checking blogs and news sites and budgeting and all that.... then it came out sans carrier meaning it was somewhere over $800 to get one. I ended up getting a fuze instead. I kept following SE news and it just seemed like one bungled thing after another.
    They had some great dumbphones!! Just too much of the same in different form factors. They finally put wifi on a few, but only put a standard 3.5mm headset jack on 2 of them. That "fast charge port" or whatever it was called was a pain. Then the memory stick micro crap.

They changed to standards but by then it was a bit too late. Others jumped far ahead.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!