1.    #1  
    After considering buying a tablet for months on end I finally decided on picking up an iPad 2. Although I enjoyed using a tablet the iPad was not for me, I could not get media streaming working from my home server and the lack of flash was much more of a big deal for me than I thought it would be. I can cope with no flash on a phone but for me on a tablet using 'diluted' apps instead of browsing the web was just no good.

Anyway after 6 days I requested my RMA and it will be going back. What I really want is a touched but who knows when that's going to get to the UK so I started looking at the Playbook. I decided to go for it and got a new one for a very reasonable 330 on eBay. It arrived this morning and so far Im super impressed. Aside from the lack of native email this is one impressive bit of kit. It feels really solid and of high quality in your hand. The OS is very slick and WebOS like, its responsive and the flash experience on websites is pretty much flawless.

If you don't want to wait for a TouchPad or you would prefer a 7" form factor I think this is worth a look. Whether it will be on eBay when HP finally get their act together I don't know but for now I'm very happy
    Just out of curiosity, which sites do you visit regularly that renders a device like the iPad useless due to lack of Flash? Also, have you heard of this: About Air Video (I use it to stream to my iPad and Apple TV – has worked flawlessly for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which sites do you visit regularly that renders a device like the iPad useless due to lack of Flash? Also, have you heard of this: About Air Video (I use it to stream to my iPad and Apple TV has worked flawlessly for me).
    Air Video is aweseome app for iPad. No need to convert video or copy to the ipad. I can just stream it without any issue. Amazing app! And Avplayer is great app for ipad also, you can play every video format on both ipad and iphone, no need to convert but this one is not for streaming.
  4.    #4  
    Well I'm a chef and I work a lot of shifts at different locations through and agency and so often hotels websites are flash based which is a pain in the bum when I am checking out locations etc. I also like to go on the BBC website regularly and none of the videos on there work sadly. I know there is a BBC app but I found it very limited.

The lack of multi tasking was a big deal for me too. Fast app switching is just not the same. I think I have been spoiled by WebOS on my phone. I understand a load of people love the iPad, but for me I just get on far better with the Playbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveBongFace View Post
    Well I'm a chef and I work a lot of shifts at different locations through and agency and so often hotels websites are flash based which is a pain in the bum when I am checking out locations etc. I also like to go on the BBC website regularly and none of the videos on there work sadly. I know there is a BBC app but I found it very limited.

The lack of multi tasking was a big deal for me too. Fast app switching is just not the same. I think I have been spoiled by WebOS on my phone. I understand a load of people love the iPad, but for me I just get on far better with the Playbook.
    I played with Playbook and I really like it too. And I saw one of the podcast and they were showing Playbook playing HD movie to big screen TV while he can use different app on Playbook was just amazing, that's true multitasking. I really like it alot. I wish the price goes down a little.