Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whats with phone companies using sweet little treat names for their products? Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Blackberry, Apple, Mango. Just a silly observation. lol
  3.    #3  
    Mango looks impressive. MS is behind in development of a version for tablets, right? I'd say at this point, that's about the only advantage webOS has. Ugh. HP's gotta get coding quick like!
    Not a very intuitive OS IMO. Beautiful and powerful, but just doesn’t look like a great user experience because of optional panes settings, creating groups, multiple personal emails, and the way you navigate though the operating system.

WebOS might seem a little bland looking but so easy to just pick up and start using. I feel there would be quite the learning curve on Mango.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Not a very intuitive OS IMO. Beautiful and powerful, but just doesn’t look like a great user experience because of optional panes settings, creating groups, multiple personal emails, and the way you navigate though the operating system.

WebOS might seem a little bland looking but so easy to just pick up and start using. I feel there would be quite the learning curve on Mango.
    Every os got learning curve. I am not saying this will be easier than webOS but I doubt anyone will have any issue learning wp7. I am sure it's almost as easy as Android, but then again, I've seen any post about how Android is so complicated.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Whats with phone companies using sweet little treat names for their products? Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Blackberry, Apple, Mango. Just a silly observation. lol

Well the last windows phone update was named "Nodo".

Apparently because someone forgot to bring doughnuts to a planning meeting.

I'm still been keeping my eye on WP7. I never go for whatever OS is the most popular it seems (I was a longtime WinMo user before webos). If somehow HP7 massively bungles this launch... or the Pre3 isn't available, I could see myself going that route. $49 for the focus is fairly tempting...
    When I played with a win7 phone at costco, I didn't like it. My friend however liked it. To me, it just seemed like they're trying "too hard". All that grouping tile mess, the tile animations, the everything lower case "cuteness", etc. The animation is what probably bothered me the most. I just got impatient.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I read a couple of articles today suggesting that Mango will have certain WebOS like features. And I also read it will be released in the fall. There is some irony here, true?
    Of all the other os out there windows is the one that I feel has the potential to put webos and other os to shame.
    Let's see what happens where the rubber meets the road. I'm holding HP /Palm to that standard, so I'm not ready to bow down to any other platform based on promises.

Everyone said the first version of WinMobile would turn the mobile phone pecking order upside down, that the Playbook was for real, the Palm Pre was the 'iPhone killer", and the Atrix would be awesome... and we know how those all worked out.

HP had better get busy, because Micro$oft looks like they are willing to throw tons of money at this until they are successful.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    I would agree. I obviously prefer webOS, but WP7 would be my second choice. The UI looks very slick. I like the lists. I actually have the "Lite List Launcher" patch installed on my Pixi+. I think it resembles WP7.
    I like it!
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Have they indicated that all WP7 phones will get Mango when it is released?
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    Have they indicated that all WP7 phones will get Mango when it is released?
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Let's see what happens where the rubber meets the road. I'm holding HP /Palm to that standard, so I'm not ready to bow down to any other platform based on promises.

Everyone said the first version of WinMobile would turn the mobile phone pecking order upside down, that the Playbook was for real, the Palm Pre was the 'iPhone killer", and the Atrix would be awesome... and we know how those all worked out.

HP had better get busy, because Micro$oft looks like they are willing to throw tons of money at this until they are successful.
    The Atrix is pretty awesome...the laptop dock...not so much.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    that laptop dock costs more than a netbook. And isn't anywhere near as useful.
    What multitasking approach you think is superior? ? Or WebOS take?

WP7 model looks great, seems instant, and the guy talking has a point ("so when you switch back to that app it looks up to date (...) to the consumers it looks like that app is been running the whole time")
    Whats with everybody using card metaphors now. Shouldn't HP just come out and stomp Mango as its really kind of blatant.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    I read a couple of articles today suggesting that Mango will have certain WebOS like features. And I also read it will be released in the fall. There is some irony here, true?
    Well, "announce now and release a couple of months later" certainly is a webOS feature

The location-aware live tiles thing could totally be done on webOS with the dashboard, too bad it seems that not much developers are doing this on webOS.

What I like about WP7 mango is the location aware search. It's something people have been talking about for years, but somehow Microsoft seems to be the first to implement it. Something webOS can't do now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast