Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #1  
    BlackBerry PlayBook sales miss targets by over 90% at major retailer, 'much higher' return rate than XOOM

    According to a trusted source from a major big box retailer, sales of RIM’s BlackBerry PlayBook have fallen far short of expectations. In addition, we’re told that the PlayBook is being returned at a higher pace than the Motorola XOOM. According to our source, PlayBook sales at this particular retailer missed internal sales targets by more than 90%. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the PlayBook is “being returned at a much higher rate than the XOOM,” which has a very high return rate itself at 7% according to our source. RIM launched its PlayBook tablet on April 19th and sales have been fairly impressive so far according to some analysts. Our source is singing a different tune, however, so let’s hope other major retailers are having better luck with the PlayBook. We’re rooting for RIM, but maybe amateur hour isn’t over yet?
  2. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #2  
    wow~!! short rimm!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  3. #3  
    this means they will be on the next woot-off for 99 dollars!
  4. #4  
    sadly I think this will be the same fate for most tablets in the consumer space except the ipad.

    difference is I think hp will incorporate it into enterprise and business as well, which may make it a tad more successful than android tablets and the playbook.
  5. #5  
    I think most of the people just get tablet try it for 3 weeks and then return it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6. #6  
    To me a BGR article with a undisclosed source is not a reliable outlet so they can keep there BREAKING story.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I think most of the people just get tablet try it for 3 weeks and then return it.
    Thats usually the case for the cheap crappy android resistive screen tablets that are horrible to use. Those people who buy ipads rarely return them.
  8. #8  
    I think lots of people buy tablets that have little pressing use for it. Ipads included. I've heard several people who have even bought ipads that in months barely use them. they don't return them but use them lest then they thought. ipads are neat but for me that or any other tablet just isn't worth the money. Not that they are bad but just for me i can't justify the cost based on what i would use it for.

    Considering that i've never seen a playbook at a store i'm not surprised sales aren't great.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    I think lots of people buy tablets that have little pressing use for it. Ipads included. I've heard several people who have even bought ipads that in months barely use them. they don't return them but use them lest then they thought. ipads are neat but for me that or any other tablet just isn't worth the money. Not that they are bad but just for me i can't justify the cost based on what i would use it for.

    Considering that i've never seen a playbook at a store i'm not surprised sales aren't great.
    I've been into many places and seen the Playbook; the only problem is, the iPad was also sold there. Always see a large group around the iPad checking it out, but can't say the same for the Playbook.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I've been into many places and seen the Playbook; the only problem is, the iPad was also sold there. Always see a large group around the iPad checking it out, but can't say the same for the Playbook.
    Really. Where. I'd actually like to test one. I suspect a Sprint store maybe but i haven't passed one recently. Most near me are in the malls and i just haven't been in the mall in a long time. But i checked out best buy and didnt' see it.

    As for being in a store side by side with the ipad 2 yeah that's a problem for everybody. They have attractive displays and they are set up for you to use it. The xoom area i saw at best buy looked sad.

Posting Permissions