Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I am considering buying a brand new unlocked Nexus one. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts for me on this. Idk whether to wait to get a dev discount on a PALM veer or to go a head and get the Nexus one.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Since you are a developer, it seems the choice should be based on which platform you want to develop for.

And with Palm giving Pre2 devices to qualifying developers, it seems that you have webOS options that are better than buying a two-year old android device.
    Do you mean Nexus S?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Since you are a developer, it seems the choice should be based on which platform you want to develop for...
    I agree. By the time you invest 10 hours, that is more than the cost of a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Do you mean Nexus S?
    A Nexus S or Nexus S 4G has Near Field Communication. Watch the video to see how excited Google is. Also USB OTG means plugging in memory sticks. The Nexus S DLNA and Bluetooth mouse and keyboard mean you do not to have to work from the touchscreen.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/20/2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Do you mean Nexus S?

No i mean the Nexus ONE. I can pick a brand new one up for about $280. as nice as the nexus S is on the other hand it goes for about $400.

Yes i am a dev but i haven't been too active coding lately. And I really don't have any plans for coding for android at the moment.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    ...Yes i am a dev but i haven't been too active coding lately. And I really don't have any plans for coding for android at the moment.
    THen I would say that is your answer. Stick with webOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Yes i would love to except i need a new phone asap and i dont live in the us anymore. And i dont have time to wait for Hpalm to have cheaper dev phones.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!