Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Didn't we see this movie before or is this a rereun.

(Ms. Diva is going to love this one, (not). LOL)

Take care,

Jay

Sony Hacked Again

By REUTERS, (Reporting by Liana B. Baker in New York and Ritsuko Ando in Helsinki), May 20, 2011
    NEW YORK/HELSINKI (Reuters) - Sony Corp has been hacked again.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

So-Net, the Internet service provider unit of Japan's Sony, alerted customers that an intruder broke into its system and stole virtual points from account holders worth $1,225.

This latest setback comes after personal information of some 100 million Sony user accounts was stolen last month when its online gaming systems, the PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment, were hacked.

"What we've done is stopped the So-Net points exchanges and told customers to change their passwords," So-Net said in a statement to customers on its website in Japanese.

About 100,000 yen ($1,225) was stolen from accounts that were attacked. The company said there was no evidence that other accounts in the online system had been hacked.

"At this point in our investigations, we have not confirmed any data leakage. We have not found any sign of a possibility that a third party has obtained members' names, address, birth dates and phone numbers."

Security experts have told Reuters that Sony's networks around the world remain vulnerable to attack.

Sony in the U.S. could not immediately be reached on Friday.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the story.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    This will be the year Sony finally stops being so arrogant IMO. They've used security as a big stick to beat modders over the head but their own backyard was proven not as secure as it should have been and that includes the PS3 keys. Apparently they don't care about security as much as they claimed and just want to control their hardware.

Or maybe they won't learn a thing.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    And people blamed Microsoft for charging for it's xbox network service. At least it's fairly secure.
    for the record I do agree with you weaser999, but anything can be hack. I have an xbox and not a ps3 for the online experience and just like anything else in life, you pay for what you get...
    I just hope microsoft is uses my live payment to help keep my account secured.
    Oh God, Sony haters. Sony's so arrogant, those Japanese really need to take it down a notch. Good ol' Microsoft USA is oooooooooooh so humble, but you can afford to be when you bribe everyone to bend to your will, right? I mean, are we really talking about Microsoft and security? How many anti-virus programs have you been through on your Windows machine? Jfc.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    The Japanese did take the arrogance of Sony down a notch. PSN is not trusted enough to relaunch in it's own home country. How's that for you?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/22/2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Need to clarify I wasn't talking about Japanese arrogance.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

The point is you're acting like Sony's the only company at risk to attacks and Microsoft ****s gold, which is blatant lies and a product of irrational bias. It wasn't cute in the last topic, it certainly isn't now.

All you're pointing out is Japan has higher standards than everywhere else, including the US since PSN has relaunched here...guess the Japanese government isn't taking their arrogance down a notch.
    I never said MSFT was gold, read again. And I'd say it's a cold blow to have your own country tell you to fix your crap first before they let it back online. The facts, whether you like them are not, is that Sony wasn't as secure as they claimed to be. Hosting a phishing site is a doozie.

10.    #10  
    Hi all,

No matter how you look at this SONY has major egg on their face....it's so hard to believe how SONY has stumbled these last few years...The were the gold standard of electronics and they're firm is now a mess.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Sony definitely had its security problems, its just the extreme crowing and language of people is inflammatory and over the top. You can complain about the security problems in a civil manner without going on about "arrogance", which frankly has xenophobic and elitist undertones. The same thing is occurring regarding Western criticisms of Japanese game developers refusing to "update" to current/Western preferences.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yep, sony is done..... i never trusted psn just looking at how fragmented it was and now all these things. the funniest thing for me was during the wholetime psn was down i could still watch neetflix on my ps3 hahaha..... to me that just proved all sony did was bolt things together in an effort to compete with xbox live..... its a shame because at the end of the day consumers lost big time.
    i think at the end of this chapter sony will end up having to sell itself apart.....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well malpha, i disagree, if u read sony's press statements leading to the ps3 launch and describe it as arrongant would be an understatement. now with all these happening u may even claim neglegent ...
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yep, sony is done..... i never trusted psn just looking at how fragmented it was and now all these things. the funniest thing for me was during the wholetime psn was down i could still watch neetflix on my ps3 hahaha..... to me that just proved all sony did was bolt things together in an effort to compete with xbox live..... its a shame because at the end of the day consumers lost big time.
    i think at the end of this chapter sony will end up having to sell itself apart.....
    Really? Sony sell itself apart? The PS3 is a just a piece of Sony....movies, music, computers, televisions, cameras, I mean, the list goes on.

well malpha, i disagree, if u read sony's press statements leading to the ps3 launch and describe it as arrongant would be an understatement. now with all these happening u may even claim neglegent ...
    It's a press release. It's meant to hype your own product. HP/Palm makes "arrogant" press releases and statements all the time...has yet to back them up, yet here we are!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Sony definitely had its security problems, its just the extreme crowing and language of people is inflammatory and over the top. You can complain about the security problems in a civil manner without going on about "arrogance", which frankly has xenophobic and elitist undertones. The same thing is occurring regarding Western criticisms of Japanese game developers refusing to "update" to current/Western preferences.
    My statement about them being arrogant has nothing to do with them being Japanese based, but their attitude against modders using security as the excuse for why people cannot homebrew and then locking down existing systems from other OS. Turns out they did not value security like they said. Have you seen the reports out there that they may not have even used up to date security measures? They also took far too long to tell people their info was compromised. If they even suspected(which is likely), they should have said something sooner. Arrogant hypocrisy, arrogant handling over people's info entrusted to them.

Many American corporations are also arrogant. And in case you didn't know, I'm a fan of certain parts of the Japanese culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    I think the PS3 sales may suffer for a while. Sony has many other divisions.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    of course sony will have to do something drastic. for one the CEO is gone, plus top execs. then the new management will decide how to make the most of the company. from what i remember sony is estimated to be worth more broken apart then its current market value. and if management cannot show growth there is only one way to go.

u may want to excuse their press release as just marketing, but the proof is in the pudding. ps3 has been a money looser, they still have not been able to intergrate all of their assets into their networks. in fact u could now argue they were completly neglent with their online access... i mean even the ps3 was hacked to its core because sony was so lax in their developement.
    so yeah, sony is screwed, major changes are coming and the fact is the fastest way for them to generate wealth will be to get broken up...
    THANKS~!!

My 12 year old son gave up on Sony. He is in the process of trading in his PS3 for an Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The point is you're acting like Sony's the only company at risk to attacks and Microsoft ****s gold, which is blatant lies and a product of irrational bias. It wasn't cute in the last topic, it certainly isn't now.

All you're pointing out is Japan has higher standards than everywhere else, including the US since PSN has relaunched here...guess the Japanese government isn't taking their arrogance down a notch.
    Well if you want to look at reality.. then lets compare how many times Xbox Live has been hacked in comparison to Playstation Network. Or did M$ bribe the hackers too?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast