1.    #1  
    HTC Flyer lands at Best Buy on May 22nd for $500, Magic Pen sold separately -- Engadget

do they need more cash so urgently?

Similar spec, put together with galaxy tab side by side in bestbuy

$500 vs $350.

I think HTC is insane
    I really like the idea of using the pen. But they are pricing this device at $500 WITHOUT PEN!!! ***? And I think the pen price is like $100+, i read it from engadget I think.

Sorry but I will pass. I will wait for someone come out with under $400 7inch device with pen usable like Flyer.
    I like the Pen Idea.

maybe TP2.
    The pen is $80 by itself.

The Flyer will come boxed *with* a pen if you buy it at any of the other retailers.

It is only Best Buy that is trying to shaft the early purchasers by selling it full price *without* the pen included.

Whether it is worth it or not, dunno. If you really like taking notes…

-Suntan
    The Flyer is the most over-hyped tablet since the Galaxy Tab. Android 2.x, really? And the thing looks even more like a giant phone than any of the other "me too" slabs. The only thing this has going for it is the pen input, which appeals to a certain niche but certainly won't be a grand slam with consumers.

No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    The Flyer is the most over-hyped tablet since the Galaxy Tab. Android 2.x, really? And the thing looks even more like a giant phone than any of the other "me too" slabs. The only thing this has going for it is the pen input, which appeals to a certain niche but certainly won't be a grand slam with consumers.

No thanks.
    Well, they are certainly looking for niche market. And I believe they said it will be upgraded to Honeycomb in the future.

Didn't Veer is marketing for niche market? If there's people who wants very small smartphone, I am sure there's people who absolutely have to have pen input for tablet.

I agreed though, it won't be grand slam with consumers, not because it comes with Android 2.x, but the price is just too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

No thanks.
    What are they thinking? It is 7".

For $399, you can have the 10" Asus Transformer that has an option to be a netbook.

For the same price you can have the full-sized 10" iPad 2.

It sounds like HTC hired the pricing guy Motorola used to set the Xoom at $599.

The Flyer had ever spec it needed but one, price. At $299, it would have been a hit.

Best Buy will never have to worry about this running out of stock either. Yet again, there will be another tablet failure.