1.    #1  
    Over at WMpoweruser they are saying Microsoft is in talks with Nokia to aquire Nokias mobile division for say 30 billion. This could be very big, putting MS in the driver seat in being the biggest Mobile phone operator in the world by sheer numbers. Most anylist say that MS will be a top player in a few years, and with something like this it could make them a even bigger player.

Eldar: Microsoft in talks to buy Nokia

Our favourite Russian blogger is at it again, spilling more of Nokia’s secrets.

He claims that Microsoft and Nokia will soon commence talks on the sale of the mobile division of the company to Microsoft.

The company, which is valued to $30 billion, would be a massive pill even for Microsoft to swallow, but would still be less than the Yahoo merger which Microsoft narrowly averted and which was set to cost $40 billion in 2008.

Eldar writes:

People live in the old and do not understand how the information that such media. And lose again and again. But my problem is just doing their job. Given the degree of insanity in the Nokia, it becomes easy to do. And there you have another piece of information – the following week Nokia begins talks on selling the phone division at Microsoft. While the results of these negotiations will not be public, but the deal could be closed before the end of 2011, both companies are very much in a hurry. After all, today the problem for the current management of Nokia does not produce good products, but as soon as possible to destroy the company, and interesting assets transferred to the MS. Everything is transparent and takes place in public.

Eldar has a pretty good track record, but Microsoft has in the past vociferously denied any intent to buy Nokia, saying the two companies were not a good fit, with Microsoft being a software company and Nokia of course being both hardware and massive logistics.

Do our readers think such a union would be viable? Let us know below.
    This would be interesting.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    might as well. Nokia already sold out to them anyway.
    Why pay for the cow when the milk is free so far....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Why pay for the cow when the milk is free so far....
    Exactly. As Engadget jokingly said back then when Nokia announced the switch to WP7: "Microsoft just bought Nokia for zero billion dollars"

Though I always though the name "Microkia" sounded good
    Maybe because Nokia could back out of the "partnership" without an official buyout.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sounds like a bad move. Microsoft rarely does well managing a hardware division.
    Sounds like a great opportunity for WP7. I have always loved Nokia hardware. WP7 on Nokia sounds like a powerful combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Maybe because Nokia could back out of the "partnership" without an official buyout.
    I'm not sure Nokia would back down. Symbian is losing marketshare, and it's a dated OS in an Android/iOS world. Meego wasn't getting Nokia anywhere, and it remains to be seen whether Intel can do anything with it. If Nokia backs out, what would they do? Become another Android manufacturer? Depending on how much effort they've already put into WP7, I think that's unlikely. Maybe they will do it if they still haven't officially worked on WP7, but from what I've heard of them developing WP7 devices, I don't think that's likely.
    Until I saw, this was not true...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I'm not sure Nokia would back down. Symbian is losing marketshare, and it's a dated OS in an Android/iOS world. Meego wasn't getting Nokia anywhere, and it remains to be seen whether Intel can do anything with it. If Nokia backs out, what would they do? Become another Android manufacturer? Depending on how much effort they've already put into WP7, I think that's unlikely. Maybe they will do it if they still haven't officially worked on WP7, but from what I've heard of them developing WP7 devices, I don't think that's likely.
    But like people have pointed out, this "partnership" is basically MSFT buying Nokia. It just looks like a partnership but I've read MSFT people have moved in and taken over. So why solidify the "buyout" with an official purchase? Perhaps so Nokia is stuck for sure? Right now, Nokia could say partnership isn't going the way we expected so...

It may not make sense but Nokia's consistent bad choices and stubbornness got them on the selling block in the first place. A buyout clarifies once and for all MSFT is at the control.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Hi all

For what ever it's worth Nokia denies the entire story...however what would you expect them to say.

Please see the link for more info.

Take care,

Jay

Nokia Refutes Speculations of Acquisition by Microsoft

Nokia Refutes Speculations of Acquisition by Microsoft

We typically don't comment on rumors. But we have to say Eldar's rumors are getting obviously less accurate with every passing moment.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Over at WMpoweruser they are saying Microsoft is in talks with Nokia to aquire Nokias mobile division for say 30 billion. This could be very big, putting MS in the driver seat in being the biggest Mobile phone operator in the world by sheer numbers. Most anylist say that MS will be a top player in a few years, and with something like this it could make them a even bigger player.

Eldar: Microsoft in talks to buy Nokia

Our favourite Russian blogger is at it again, spilling more of Nokia’s secrets.

He claims that Microsoft and Nokia will soon commence talks on the sale of the mobile division of the company to Microsoft.

The company, which is valued to $30 billion, would be a massive pill even for Microsoft to swallow, but would still be less than the Yahoo merger which Microsoft narrowly averted and which was set to cost $40 billion in 2008.

Eldar writes:

People live in the old and do not understand how the information that such media. And lose again and again. But my problem is just doing their job. Given the degree of insanity in the Nokia, it becomes easy to do. And there you have another piece of information – the following week Nokia begins talks on selling the phone division at Microsoft. While the results of these negotiations will not be public, but the deal could be closed before the end of 2011, both companies are very much in a hurry. After all, today the problem for the current management of Nokia does not produce good products, but as soon as possible to destroy the company, and interesting assets transferred to the MS. Everything is transparent and takes place in public.

Eldar has a pretty good track record, but Microsoft has in the past vociferously denied any intent to buy Nokia, saying the two companies were not a good fit, with Microsoft being a software company and Nokia of course being both hardware and massive logistics.

Do our readers think such a union would be viable? Let us know below.
    Microsoft working with Nokia is the key to it's success. Owning Nokia Mobile would mean Microsoft taking a new approach -- competing with its clients. Might be a smart move, might not. But betting on Nokia the largest OEM on planet Earth os not a bad move.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Are MS panicking because of continued poor WP7 sales? Buying Nokia would certainly give them immediate market numbers, but I can't see what else they get that they haven't got from their existing, somewhat cheaper arrangement with Nokia. It's not as if Nokia have left themselves with a plan B, if WP7 doesn't look quite so rosy in a few months!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    this would be a bad move in my opinion, having nokia as a close partner is one thing, but purchasing them, even with Microsoft's boatloads of money, is another