1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI.

Take care,

Jay

NVIDIA CEO disappointed by Android tablet sales, blames pricing and poor app selection
    By Vlad Savov posted May 15th 2011 8:05PM

NVIDIA CEO disappointed by Android tablet sales, blames pricing and poor app selection -- Engadget

It won't have escaped your attention that just about every Honeycomb tablet shipping in the first half of this year features, or will feature, NVIDIA's Tegra 2 hardware. Unfortunately for NVIDIA, reception for the Android 3.0 slates has been a little underwhelming, and the company's Chief Eloquence Officer, Jen-Hsun Huang, has had a few words to say about it. He sees the relative paucity of tablet-optimized Android apps as a weakness, while also expressing the belief that cheaper WiFi-only models should've been the standard shipping config rather than fully fledged 3G / 4G variants as Motorola has been pushing with the Xoom. All in all, his is a very sane and accurate analysis, but Mr. Huang loves to look to the future as much as he enjoys talking about the present, and in his opinion all these major downsides have already been "largely addressed" by "a new wave" of Android tablets. He doesn't specify the devices that constitute said wave, but his emphasis on thinness and lightness leads us to believe he's talking up Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 models. Hit the source links to read more from the bronzed stallion in charge of NVIDIA.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hopefully HP wont have the same problems.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    Hopefully HP wont have the same problems.
    Hi,

Ditto!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    100k apps don't make a huge difference when 90% of them only work on phones.

My wife and I had the same problem on here Nook Color trying to run things like Newsroom. Newsroom is great on webOS and probably Android smart phones, but tablets need a complete makeover and hopefully the Newsroom developers are paying attention???

Also, most tablets try to do too many things and not focus on what makes tablets useful desktop and phone replacements. HP needs to focus on making everything they do have to offer PERFECT (calendar, mail, etc) and then enhance later if needed. People want a device that is quick, easy, and intuitive and slight bumps like email on the Veer
    won't make it when compared to IOS and the flavors of the month. Sorli...
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  6.    #6  
    Hi all,

Keep in mind that apple didn't have too much in the way of Ipad apps int he beginning,, but since they had such a loyal following for the Iphone it didn't matter....now of course they have tons of Ipad apps...

take care,

Jay
    The Motorola Xoom failed at $599 and as the only Android tablet for 3 months Android failed as well.

Now that the $449 Acer Iconia is on display right next to the Xoom, things are changing a little. The Iconia has the best features from the Xoom including 1280x800 display, HDMI out, 5MP rear camera, autofocus, zoom, and LED flash. Plus the Iconia goes beyond the Xoom with a working microSD and real 1080p recording.

But still the Xoom left people numb. It will not be until the Asus Transformer is available in quantity at $399 in June that we will see the first real challenge to the $499 iPad. That base price and the netbook option will be the thing that first gives the iPad 2 a run for it's money. Plus instead of getting a Foxconn iPad or Foxconn Xoom, you can buy from the source with the Asus Transformer. One less middle man to stall updates.

As the Korean car makers have shown, the way to take on an established market leader is with a significantly better product at a significantly better price.
    we definately shouldnt under sell the huge mistake of pushing the 3g tablets before the wifi varient. to assume people would want to spend another $360 a year to consume the same mobile content on a bigger screen is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    As the Korean car makers have shown, the way to take on an established market leader is with a significantly better product at a significantly better price.
    I agreed! However, if you make really bad and low quality product with low price, it will dig you deeply into the hole. Hyundai made a big mistake when they first start to sell their car here in US. Remember Hyundai Excel? It was the cheapest car and they sold so many at that time. Problem is that they got exposed to too many people and it was really bad quality. I heard the report some where, it took more than 10 years for Hyundai to change comsumer's mindset after Excel fiasco. Hyundai has to create better quality car and put 10 years warranty, best warranty in the market at that time.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I agreed! However, if you make really bad and low quality product with low price, it will dig you deeply into the hole. Hyundai made a big mistake when they first start to sell their car here in US. Remember Hyundai Excel? It was the cheapest car and they sold so many at that time. Problem is that they got exposed to too many people and it was really bad quality. I heard the report some where, it took more than 10 years for Hyundai to change comsumer's mindset after Excel fiasco. Hyundai has to create better quality car and put 10 years warranty, best warranty in the market at that time.
    Hi all,

Toward the end of 2001, I bought my parents a Hyundai, for their 50th anniversary, due to it's excellent ratings from CR and it's crash tests....

Since my father passed away 7 years ago, I now own the car...it has 98,000 miles on it. I have only had 2 repairs: 1. the filter that absorbs the gas fumes that are condensed and drain back into the gas tank leaked and had to be replaced, (it leaked activated charcoal into the gas tank, so it was a $500 job). 2. This time the rubber boot cover in the Univ joint needs to be replaced, ($160). That's it other than gas, tires and oil!

My point is that I had an employee who had one 8 years before and tore his hair out with it.

If firms try hard enough often they can turn the public perception for a company and/or a product.

Take care,

Jay
    Yea, the manufacturers were really shooting themselves in the foot dropping cell versions before WiFi versions. Rather than trying to court carriers with cell versions they should have released WiFi versions with or even before the cell versions.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Toward the end of 2001, I bought my parents a Hyundai, for their 50th anniversary, due to it's excellent ratings from CR and it's crash tests....

Since my father passed away 7 years ago, I now own the car...it has 98,000 miles on it. I have only had 2 repairs: 1. the filter that absorbs the gas fumes that are condensed and drain back into the gas tank leaked and had to be replaced, (it leaked activated charcoal into the gas tank, so it was a $500 job). 2. This time the rubber boot cover in the Univ joint needs to be replaced, ($160). That's it other than gas, tires and oil!

My point is that I had an employee who had one 8 years before and tore his hair out with it.

If firms try hard enough often they can turn the public perception for a company and/or a product.

Take care,

Jay
    When do they recommend replacing the timing belt on those models?