Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The wife ditched her Pre- last night for a Nexus S 4G.

First impressions are great. She says it doesn't feel as awkward in her hand. It is super fast and smooth, with obviously lots of useful apps.

We don't like the app or notification management and that it does take a few more steps to do anything.

However, she says this kills the Pre- and she said she'll never go back to buggy webOS.
    Cool story mane.
    "Buggy" webos? Not sure about that one...

Has she been having any issues with signal (wifi...4G...reception bars)? This apparently is a very common issue many - myself included - are having. I am sticking it out for some software updates...but will return it if this hasn't been addressed by day 30.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    No issues with 4G or wifi.

webOS is really buggy!! TMC error with no cards open?? Freezing once at least once a day...

We only got this far with webOS thanks to Homebrew!!
    Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    No issues with 4G or wifi.

webOS is really buggy!! TMC error with no cards open?? Freezing once at least once a day...

We only got this far with webOS thanks to Homebrew!!
    I have to say, if it wasn't for webOS Internals & all the other awesome homebrew devs, I would have left webOS a long time ago. They made the Pre minus bearable to use for so long. And the FrankenPre 2 was a life saver for me.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

First impressions are great. She says it doesn't feel as awkward in her hand. It is super fast and smooth, with obviously lots of useful apps.

We don't like the app or notification management and that it does take a few more steps to do anything.

However, she says this kills the Pre- and she said she'll never go back to buggy webOS.
    Thanks for sharing!

With due respect to your wife, this is like comparing a 2011 model car to a 2009 model, which isnt quite fair, since the fair comparison will be the 2011 Pre 3.

I am sure she would have a different view of the 1st generation Nexus phone as well. Anyways, enjoy your new phone.