1.    #1  
    while the Pre3 AND veer AND touchpad are still mia on the internet, tv, magazine, newspaper, etc

*** HP?

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-ev...-espn-magazine
    Not impressed....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I think Vyruz is just drawing attention to the fact there's still no advertising from HP.
    I'm pretty sure there will be a big marketing push once the TouchPad & Pre 3 are close to launching.

Just stay tuned, it'll be in the coming months.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think Vyruz is just drawing attention to the fact there's still no advertising from HP.
    I know...but I'm not impressed with what advertising they're putting out for the EVO 3D. I don't remember HP ever coming out with advertising for any of their other products before they were released and these new phones will probably be no different. There may be a learning curve they need to overcome in the smartphone business because of contracts, though. It's not like you had to sign a 2 yr deal on one of their computers or printers. They seem to be a bit behind the learning curve when it comes to advertising smartphones WITH contracts. Hey, maybe they could start subsidising computers and printers!....nevermind.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I know...but I'm not impressed with what advertising they're putting out for the EVO 3D. I don't remember HP ever coming out with advertising for any of their other products before they were released and these new phones will probably be no different. There may be a learning curve they need to overcome in the smartphone business because of contracts, though. It's not like you had to sign a 2 yr deal on one of their computers or printers. They seem to be a bit behind the learning curve when it comes to advertising smartphones WITH contracts. Hey, maybe they could start subsidising computers and printers!....nevermind.
    You know what.. this got me thinking:

If you know you have an awesome product and the company thinks it will blow everything out of the water, you usually see firms start advertising WAY before release. examples are:

1)Droid on verizon. I started seeing these random commercials and i was like what is this. The commercials started a few months before the Droid was ever released

2)Battlefield 3. BF3 is a video game and DICE expects it to fully destroy modern warefare series. The game is not coming out until Novemeber, but they started adveristing during the NBA playoffs.

2a) Dice's other game that came out this last year BFBC2 was never advertised, and although it is a better game that MW2 and Black Ops, it was outsold by both call of duty games. You think BF3 and DICE learned their lesson?

i guess we will see
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    You know what.. this got me thinking:

If you know you have an awesome product and the company thinks it will blow everything out of the water, you usually see firms start advertising WAY before release...
    This is a print ad. The EVO 3D TV ads are the mainstay and they are not getting airplay. You only advance advertise if you have nothing to lose. If your current product is great you wait until the new one is in stock in the channel to do much advertising.

Look at how few iPad 2 ads we saw until just recently.

Apple is accused of doing the oposite. Last spring there were persistent rumors that the iPhone 4 was delayed. It wasn't. Then last winter there were constant rumors that the iPad 2 was delayed. It wasn't. Salespeople would cite those rumors to keep selling the old products.

You can't let the ads for the next model cannibalize the sales of your current model.

So don't expect much advanced video advertising on the EVO 3D, Galaxy S II, Droid X2, etc.

On the other hand this is the perfect time for HP to already be advertising the heck out of the Veer.
    I've seen HP advertising the touchpad on youtube.