Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Rumors about an sprint iphone 4s before anything on pre3. If this thing is released 1Q the buzz will kill any momentum the pre3 may have gained.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._in_sept_.html

Update: Another article about the iphone 4s. Released late July early august.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...arly_aug_.html
    Last edited by Dvigilante1; 05/30/2011 at 04:40 PM.
    T-Mobile won't be able to do anything while involved in the take over. And, the Pre3 will be a great phone with or without another iPhone launch.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Yeah yeah. Every phone released on every carrier in the next 6 months is going to kill the buzz of the Pre 3. We get it.
    the first quarter is already over. unless apple and hp invent a time machine just to send their phones backward in time, that release will never, ever, ever happen . The Pre3 hopefully will be released before September, when the iphone4s is rumored to be released. If HP plays the "summer doesn't end until sept 21 and we will release it at the last possible moment" then they very well will screw themselves over.

The pre3 looks like it will still be a very capable handset. But if the Pre3 doesn't come to sprint then I would be forced to go for an iPhone4S. I can't deal with android and I'm past blackberry.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Same here. Done BB, tired of android. Was hoping for the pre3 next month. But if it doesn't come by the time the iPhone comes to sprint, good by pre3. HP needs to get off their ars and release it real soon before it's DOA! Should of been out by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Same here. Done BB, tired of android. Was hoping for the pre3 next month. But if it doesn't come by the time the iPhone comes to sprint, good by pre3. HP needs to get off their ars and release it real soon before it's DOA! Should of been out by now.
    Have to agree on this. With all their clout there's no excuse for it taking this long to release a phone that's been in the oven for nearly a year!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Yeah yeah. Every phone released on every carrier in the next 6 months is going to kill the buzz of the Pre 3. We get it.
    If HP doesn't start reminding people the Pre 3 is coming, that will happen.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If HP doesn't start reminding people the Pre 3 is coming, that will happen.
    You're right. My point is just that there will always be phone X coming in the future that will be attractive and steal limelight. If it's not the Nexus S, then it's the Evo 3D. If not that it's the iphone 4. Then someone else is going to announce another super phone that will come to Sprint in the fall or winter. It's never going to stop.

The bottom line is HP always needs to release as superior of a device as possible as fast as possible, and continue to do so into the future. There will always be stiff competition.
    You're right. My point is just that there will always be phone X coming in the future that will be attractive and steal limelight. If it's not the Nexus S, then it's the Evo 3D. If not that it's the iphone 4. Then someone else is going to announce another super phone that will come to Sprint in the fall or winter. It's never going to stop.

The bottom line is HP always needs to release as superior of a device as possible as fast as possible, and continue to do so into the future. There will always be stiff competition.
    so true! I had mines from the get go besides having 3 replacements. I thought about jumping ship but haven't had the courage. My sister has an evo and my cousin has an iphone 4 but whenever I have the chance to play with their phones I feel lost or bored but jealous at the same time. Android is plain confusing, but everything has a learning curve I guess. Iphone is just boring cuz......it just is. Both phone I mind you I love the hardware and especially the cameras!!!!! But on top of it all, I feel dumb when I try to swipe or flick up because I'm so accustomed to it or jus maybe gestires are a natural thing?? lol but whatever it may be I have been up for an upgrade since june of last year since my pre purchase and this summer if it's the evo3d or iphone 4s or maybe even the pre3(which I'm having big doubts about) I am upgrading. It's time but hp is moving at the speed of GOSH KNOWS WHO! If only they something I'd be happy but nadda! Just like everyone else on this site I'm ****ed but I'm happy. Whatever happens happens. Just that I know I'm upgrading this summer. P.s. I'm STILL BUYING A TOUCHPAD! lol held off on an ipad
    Last edited by jyaden24; 05/14/2011 at 05:52 AM.

But in HP's case, they must see all these phones coming and yet don't remind anyone "hey the Pre 3 is just as good and coming soon!". Now is the time because it's within the range of the summer release they mentioned. You know many people have short memories. What's mentioned is what people will be looking to get. They may not wait for a phone they don't know is coming for sure.

We've seen samples of some of these other phones. Nothing except I think the FCC filings for Pre 3. We need carriers, potential prices and in the wild sightings. We get that from other phones. Even Apple managed to keep the white iPhone in the minds of people yet released full scale 10 months late, people who waited rushed to buy. HP, no comment on the Pre 3. Just the Veer, which is not the phone to compete with these other smartphone powerhouses, I don't care what people are hoping for.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Rumors about an sprint iphone 4s before anything on pre3. If this thing is released 1Q the buzz will kill any momentum the pre3 may have gained.

AppleInsider | Apple rumored to release 'iPhone 4S' with T-Mobile, Sprint support in Sept.
    Pre 3 will come before or in the same month as the iPhone 4S. iPhone 4S coming, according to the report, in Sept which is the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    the first quarter is already over. unless apple and hp invent a time machine just to send their phones backward in time, that release will never, ever, ever happen . The Pre3 hopefully will be released before September, when the iphone4s is rumored to be released. If HP plays the "summer doesn't end until sept 21 and we will release it at the last possible moment" then they very well will screw themselves over.

The pre3 looks like it will still be a very capable handset. But if the Pre3 doesn't come to sprint then I would be forced to go for an iPhone4S. I can't deal with android and I'm past blackberry.
    You could get a Windows Phone 7. There would be another choice on Sprint by the time the iPhone 4S comes out.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But in HP's case, they must see all these phones coming and yet don't remind anyone "hey the Pre 3 is just as good and coming soon!". Now is the time because it's within the range of the summer release they mentioned. You know many people have short memories. What's mentioned is what people will be looking to get. They may not wait for a phone they don't know is coming for sure.

We've seen samples of some of these other phones. Nothing except I think the FCC filings for Pre 3. We need carriers, potential prices and in the wild sightings. We get that from other phones. Even Apple managed to keep the white iPhone in the minds of people yet released full scale 10 months late, people who waited rushed to buy. HP, no comment on the Pre 3. Just the Veer, which is not the phone to compete with these other smartphone powerhouses, I don't care what people are hoping for.
    I don't know if I agree with this or not. But it's because I have no concept of what makes for good marketing. I think it's a double-edged sword though. You're right that you would want to remind people about your product as other phones are released. But we've seen how much of a joke it is that HP kept saying "in the coming months" all the time. When you wait as long as HP did in this product cycle, I doubt any amount of intermediate advertising will hold people's interests for 6+ months of wait. I would think everyone can agree that in the future HP just needs to not wait 2 years between phone releases, and then not wait 6 months after announcing the newest one.
    windows 7 will be in the running, they were having some security issues and I think it just got copy and paste.

what honestly attracts me to the iphone4s is the dual core. Yes android phones will have dual core, but it's not natively supported by the os. Only honey comb natively supports dual cores. As it is now with gingerbread each individual app would have to be written to take advantage of the dual core(s). I'm 100% sure apple will support it natively in iOS. Dual cores will be supported natively in android when ice cream sandwich. I think it should be released by the end of 2011.

I also don't suppor android because their os condone obesity
    I don't know if I agree with this or not. But it's because I have no concept of what makes for good marketing. I think it's a double-edged sword though. You're right that you would want to remind people about your product as other phones are released. But we've seen how much of a joke it is that HP kept saying "in the coming months" all the time. When you wait as long as HP did in this product cycle, I doubt any amount of intermediate advertising will hold people's interests for 6+ months of wait. I would think everyone can agree that in the future HP just needs to not wait 2 years between phone releases, and then not wait 6 months after announcing the newest one.
    I thought they said summer release for the Pre 3 though and it's getting closer. Sure in Feb. it was a joke. But now it's "in the coming months" unless they meant late summer, yikes!!

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Highly doubtful Apple would launch the iPhone4 again on another carrier, IMO. Would make little sense with the iPhone5 rumors slated for the second half of the year.

very well said, most people dont understand how times have changed. HP is now playing in a game where every month or 2 a new superphone comes out thanks to Googles oversaturation. So Hp needs to market every new smartphone it releases as its own super flagship type phone (like Apple does the Iphone). This I think will help HP take market share away from google, because people will know when they want Webos they can choose from 2 or 3 models, not 20 or 30 different but the same devices, made by a dozen manufactures with identical specs. Thats why Apple continues to be profitiable every year with the iphone even after the google swarm (look up the numebers and see for yourself). At the end of the day, especially in this economy people cant afford to keep upgrading like they have been the past yr or so (since Google really took off) as well as more and more people are realizing this and have not been upgrading like lunatics like they once were. Even look around you now, I know a lot of people who still have EVO's, and Droids because every new phone is just a spec bump but wanting you to shell out another 300 or so dollars or more to upgrade or buy out right. So to me HP needs to focus on making a high advance phone (like the Pre 3) marketing it, making it available on all carriers around the globe, (maybe a slab too) then upgrading yearly this way I think HP can bring Webos back to the light, because unless HP has a dozen manufactuers like Google its going to be hard to compete with releasing phones every 2 months or so, which IMO is dumb, and will be non profitable after a while you will see that too.
    If the iPhone was released on Sprint, I would jump ship and go with it. Been using my Pre since its release, and I'm tired of not knowing whats up with HP. I have been let down too many times for me to get excited by promises of "in the coming months"
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Highly doubtful Apple would launch the iPhone4 again on another carrier, IMO. Would make little sense with the iPhone5 rumors slated for the second half of the year.
    This rumor claims they will treat this like they did the 3G, incremental update in the processor. iPhone 3GS was that. Now it'll be iPhone 4S. It's still too early to tell how accurate this is though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmihalek View Post
    If the iPhone was released on Sprint, I would jump ship and go with it. Been using my Pre since its release, and I'm tired of not knowing whats up with HP. I have been let down too many times for me to get excited by promises of "in the coming months"
    I dont blame you, and I as well have been tryin out the HTC Arrive (which is very very underrated, and second OS wise only to Webos). Though the iphone at this point is, and will be inferior in terms of functionality, I for one would advice people to go ahead and try another device starting in june if no info has come yet for sprint. Though I wouldnt recommend many phones on sprint, the HTC Arrive, and the Samsung S 4G are very good devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast