Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    This rumor claims they will treat this like they did the 3G, incremental update in the processor. iPhone 3GS was that. Now it'll be iPhone 4S. It's still too early to tell how accurate this is though.
    So what you're saying is that Apple would make an exclusive, better version of the iPhone4 for SPRINT after giving Verizon the plain old hardware with a CDMA radio in it? I would think they would have launched updated hardware on the bigger carrier and given the table scraps to #3. Doubt Verizon would be too happy with that...
    It is a rumor. I would think it would be available for all carriers though. It will just add support for the others.

Apple's Next Phone Will Be The iPhone "4S," Says Analyst
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Highly doubtful Apple would launch the iPhone4 again on another carrier, IMO. Would make little sense with the iPhone5 rumors slated for the second half of the year.
    I don't think you understand. The iPhone 4S is the iPhone 5 rumored to be release in Sept.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    So what you're saying is that Apple would make an exclusive, better version of the iPhone4 for SPRINT after giving Verizon the plain old hardware with a CDMA radio in it? I would think they would have launched updated hardware on the bigger carrier and given the table scraps to #3. Doubt Verizon would be too happy with that...
    And again ... Go read the rumor. It says the iPhone 5 will be called iPhone 4S and will be released on all carriers, including Sprint and T Mobile.
    AllThingsD is also reporting on the rumor:

IPhone 5 to Launch on Sprint, T-Mobile | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

If Apple starts releasing the iPhone on more and more carriers, you can bet that the marketshare numbers that the Android crowd loves to brag about will definitely shift in Apple's favor.
    If there isn't a new WebOS device on Sprint by the time of the iPhone 4S launch on Sprint, I'll be tempted to switch to The Dark Side.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    If there isn't a new WebOS device on Sprint by the time of the iPhone 4S launch on Sprint, I'll be tempted to switch to The Dark Side.
    Unfortunately, this might be true for many legacy Sprint Pre owners, myself included. BB is even in the running and I just don't like Android. At least I won't have to leave Sprint to go to the Dark Side IF this rumor is true and the time line of releases plays out in a way that the iPhone 4S is released on Sprint before a new WebOS device is released (or even at least confirmed with a date from Sprint and HP).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Same here. Done BB, tired of android. Was hoping for the pre3 next month. But if it doesn't come by the time the iPhone comes to sprint, good by pre3. HP needs to get off their ars and release it real soon before it's DOA! Should of been out by now.
    How many phones do you buy a year? If you liked webOS more than iOS or Android yesterday why should it matter when the iPhone releases? You either enjoy using webOS or iOS more and you should make your purchases based on that.

I get the feeling that a lot of posters here just like to complain no matter what happens. If the Pre 3 released in March we'd be hearing complaints about the Pre 4 or Slab phone not coming out soon enough because iPhone IS COMING! The iPhone will always be coming. HP can compete by releasing a high quality product not rushing to meet some deadline, they aren't an Android device producer.
    I agree that if the iPhone 4S comes to Sprint it could be an attractive option for many current WebOS users. Even if the Pre3 comes to Sprint, I would likely wait a few months before jumping to it since I want to see if it gets any developer and corporate support. I don't want to lock into a two year commitment to a phone without knowing that HP is making a solid commitment as well. At least with the iPhone I know I will get quick OS updates, have a massive app selection, great marketing support, and very solid hardware--- all big question marks still with HP.

I love my Pre......but waiting, waiting, and waiting for options on Sprint is growing old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    I get the feeling that a lot of posters here just like to complain no matter what happens. If the Pre 3 released in March we'd be hearing complaints about the Pre 4 or Slab phone not coming out soon enough because iPhone IS COMING! The iPhone will always be coming. HP can compete by releasing a high quality product not rushing to meet some deadline, they aren't an Android device producer.
    I get the feeling that plenty of people are coming up on their 2 year contract and why should we wait for "in the coming months" all the time? at some point people will reach a point in which waiting is just stupid. How long are you going to wait? 3 years? 4 years? 5 years? I'm not making any money by not upgrading, frankly many of us are stupid to have stuck it out this long.

I could have had an upgrade already and be working towards the next one. My phone is getting ragged. I will wait for as long as this phone lasts, but I'm not going to pay $100 bucks for 2 year old phone to get replaced. that's half of what a new "uber" phone costs with a contract! When the phone dies, whatever is available is what I will get. Webos is my first choice iOS is the second, Windows 7 would be third.
  11.    #31  
    here's another article written this month about iphone 4s. Might be going to Verizon instead of sprint.

AppleInsider | Apple rumored to release fifth-gen, SIM-less iPhone with 8MP camera by early Aug.
    Good catch Dvigilante1,

"The report also said the handset will have an 8-megapixel camera, and a SIM-less design along with 3-4 internal antennas that will allow the device to serve as a "world phone" compatible with both GSM and CDMA networks. That would allow the same hardware to run on both AT&T and Verizon networks in the U.S."

After reading the article twice, I can't see that it is going to Verizon;only that it is compatible with VZ's network. It would also be compatible with Sprint's network.
    Sprint iPhone in advanced testing? | 9 to 5 Mac

Sprint iPhone in advanced testing?

June 8, 2011 at 5:36 pm

"Sources tell 9to5Mac that a version of the iPhone for Sprint’s network is currently in advanced testing. The physical design of this device is akin to the iPhone 4 of today, so this might be the iPhone 4S device with support for all carriers that we have been dreaming up and hearing whispers about. Apple is said to have ordered Sprint-compatible cell towers for use on their campus – for testing – in late 2010. Apple similarly tested the Verizon iPhone against Verizon cell towers on their campus months before the product’s release."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12