Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    all 5000 attendees receive a free galaxy tab 10.1".

So c'mon HP.... you gotta top this.... get some free touchpads out there to start creating buzz....
    They are giving free Touchpad, but only to people who don't care (the people at some film festival, instead of developers).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    They are giving free Touchpad, but only to people who don't care (the people at some film festival, instead of developers).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hey, but maybe those actors and actresses will build some Enyo apps for the Touchpad?

lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    RIM was doing the same thing. Handing out free PlayBooks like candy on fancy launch events to so-called 'VIPs' while developers who earned one through the developer program were still waiting for theirs. A friend of mine is STILL waiting for his.

No idea why companies think giving out free stuff to spoiled rich 'VIPs' is a good idea. Boggles the mind. Those people really don't give a flying you-know-what.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Google IO attendees also got free Chromebooks...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Google IO attendess also got free Samsung Mobile 4G Hotspots from Verizon.
    And they got a sammich.
    Google I/O attendees also are paying 450-550 dollars to attend (150 for "academia", and limited free press passes). Still a good deal for a netbook, and a tablet, but not free.

http://www.google.com/events/io/2011/faq.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    Google I/O attendees also are paying 450-550 dollars to attend (150 for "academia", and limited free press passes). Still a good deal for a netbook, and a tablet, but not free.

Google I/O 2011
    The cost of all three items covers the cost of admission plus some. So however you want to slice it, they got in free, they got a free access point, bottom line they got some cool free stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    RIM was doing the same thing. Handing out free PlayBooks like candy on fancy launch events to so-called 'VIPs' while developers who earned one through the developer program were still waiting for theirs. A friend of mine is STILL waiting for his.

No idea why companies think giving out free stuff to spoiled rich 'VIPs' is a good idea. Boggles the mind. Those people really don't give a flying you-know-what.
    I attended I/O and I'm not a rich VIP-type. A good chunk of those that do attend are normal developer-type people there by way of their company or there for personal growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I attended I/O and I'm not a rich VIP-type. A good chunk of those that do attend are normal developer-type people there by way of their company or there for personal growth.
    Let me know when you put the tablet up on ebay