1.    #1  
    Hi all,

It looks as if the Ipad 3 will have a 3D display...however, I have heard rumor that they may not be the first pad to offer 3D.

There also is a rumor that the Iphone 5 may be delayed...I've marked it off in bold print. However, before anyone jumps down my throat, i didn't write the article!

Take care all,

Jay

Report: iPad 3 Will Feature a 3D Display
    ARTICLE DATE: 05.07.11

Report: iPad 3 Will Feature a 3D Display

By Leslie Horn
    Although it's only been about two months since Apple released the iPad 2, rumors of the iPad 3 are already surfacing, with the latest report claiming that the next-generation tablet will feature a 3D display.

"The fact that the iPad 3 is 3D is a dead cert," a "Hollywood insider" reportedly told RCR Wireless.

The source also allegedly said that "the big film studios [are] currently running around like blue arced flies trying to gear up to release plenty of 3D content in time for Apple's next launch."

There has also been buzz that the iPad 3 could be released as early as this fall, however notorious Apple rumor monger DigiTimes debunked that myth last month. It said releasing another iPad so soon "would simply bit off share from iPad 2." DigiTimes reported that Apple is still in the "initial planning stage" with the device. Considering Apple reported a decline in iPad sales in its most recent quarterly earnings call, down to 4.69 million from 7.33 million, there might be truth to that report.

The iPad 3 will allegedly have a brighter, higher-resolution Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode AMOLED display screen, DigiTimes also claimed.

If Apple's past history of product releases is any indication, a third iPad won't be released until Spring 2012. Apple generally sticks to an annual product update cycle.

However, the company could break this habit with the iPhone 5. It's been widely reported that the phone is delayed and won't appear this June at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) as it has in the past. Some have said the phone won't be unveiled until this fall at the earliest.

However, Apple product rumors are a dime a dozen, and they should be taken with a heaping dose of skepticism. Apple rarely, if ever, comments on rumors.

Copyright (c) 2011 Ziff Davis Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    That's great you know, I'm all for devices getting 3D, it doesn't make it a con in any way whatsoever, but in all honesty, it doesn't appeal to me right now. It's not one of those must have features for me. There's not enough content, it hasn't been proven, it's just a gimmick; these are all things I hear everywhere from people and for the most part I share the same sentiment. When I'm looking at devices, now and for the next couple years, 3D will not be a limiting factor for me. If a device that I want happens to have 3D, then yeah, that's totally awesome and totally cool, but it needs to have all the other features that I want, first and foremost to get a sale out of me.

If you ask me, Apple would be foolish to rush out another iPad just to throw 3D in there.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I think 3d is overrated. I messed around with a Nintendo 3ds and did not like it. I had to adjust the 3d down to a minimum level to not make my eyes hurt and then if I shifted it a little the screen would go to crap till I hit the next viewing angle. And don't get me started on needing glasses.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Hi I agree.

I dislike 3D Imax, when it first came out, I was in the Sony Lincoln Theater by Lincoln Center NYC. I was extremely annoying. The 3D movies on a standard screen are overwhelming to me only some of the time. However, the Imax one was bothered all 8 of us that went.

I don't have 3D TV I frankly don't see the need for it...I paid a lot of money for lasix surgery to free me from glasses, I certainly don't want to wear heavy 3D glasses.

I think Nintendo is working on a 3D portable game unit that doesn't require glasses.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Don't get me wrong, i'm sure anything apple touches will turn to gold, but is 3d really a selling feature?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Don't get me wrong, i'm sure anything apple touches will turn to gold, but is 3d really a selling feature?
    Hi, Not to me it isn't!

However Apple has to keep rolling out innovations especially on the Ipad. Unlike a smartphone, that most people pay a very small fee for compared to what the actual selling price, pads usually are bought for a standard retail price....

At retail prices people won't just trade an old one for a new one....unless Apple rolls so keen new feature into it....

Then again you can't go by me, I don't want a pad of any brand.

take care,

Jay
    3D is a gimmick but the more powerful hardware which it requires to do right should help drive the "state of the art" forward. If and when it does show up, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple turns the iPad 2 into the tablet equivalent iPhone 3gs, a lower cost device, high volume device. This is going to make it harder for Android and webOS devices to gain traction in the market for a while.
    Apple won't do 3d anytime soon. iPhone 5 releasing in Sep isn't really news. It will release when iOS 5 is ready which is the real culprit behind the delay. Hardware is the easy part.
    I can see apple doing 3d if it's smart no glasses 3d. It's not 3d until you play a 3d movie or 3d application.

I don't see ipad 3 this year, they are still out of stock and have huge demand of the 2.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  10.    #10  
    Hi all,

My guess is that all firms who make or will soon be selling pads are all working on the 3D idea....with one form of technology or another.

Take care,

Jay
    Apple has no reason to hurry with the iPhone 5. Thing is, even though other phones may have somewhat better hardware specs, the iPhone 4 is still really hard to beat. It has gorgeous looks, still the best-in-class display and honestly, how powerful does phone hardware need to be? I think we've reached a saturation point. I don't see anything in which the iPhone appears 'slower' than any newer phone. I think we're reaching a point where it's going to be like game consoles. MS and Sony are in no hurry to release more powerful consoles like an xbox 3 or a PS4. Reason? We've reached the 'it's good enough' point.

Note that I'm not a fan boy or anything, in fact I really don't like iOS but there's no denying that the iPhone 4 is still definitely the best smartphone on the market, no matter how powerful newer devices may be. The complete package is still unmatched in my opinion, even though I personally don't really like it.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    The iPad2 was supposed to have 4x the pixels as the first model and a few other features that weren't in what was finally released. IMHO, the writers are just making stuff up to drive page hits.
    Look 3D might not be of interest to most people, but it can sell an item.

I had send Palm a suggestion that their next phone have 3D (like Nintendo) before the Nintendo 3D even came out (they did announce it, however). Now there is one phone on the market that has 3D.

So if Apple embarrasses it, which they might at some point, HP should be ahead of the curve once on something.

But let's face it, HP is now about 3 years behind all the other vendors in specs. I sit here waiting patiently for a Pre 3 and a WebOS tablet, but I will only do that for so long.

Especially, being a Sprint customer.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)