1.    #1  
    ...for us to play with and evaluate. We are a BES and WinTel shop (F500, 2nd in our industry, 100k users ww) Our "corporate phone" is still a BB, (Bold, Torch, or Curve) though we are piloting BYOD options with limited phones also.

Anyway, they brought 4 and this was my first in person with one. First thought: "Holy crap, this thing is small!" that impression coming from using Zoom recently and iP2 before that. We all had the general perception it was too small for any serious work. The build quality overall seemed really sturdy but the power & volume buttons are terrible.

I was able to fly through the OS before the rep even started her tutuorial and was asked "Have you used one before?" To which I replied I watched the unveiling presentation and saw it uses the same gestures from my Palm Pre (which is now renowned in my company ). The rep had this choked up look when I said that and I LOL'd on the inside.

My take on it? It's super easy to use, especially from a webOS user being IT'S AN UTTER COPY OF PALM WEBOS and I will hertofore refer to it as the "BiteBook". OMG! If someone slipped an HP casing over it and said it was an Opal proto, no one would challenge that.

As for a review, we came to the conclusion that most of the Tech reviewers did that ripped on the device, the exception being we used Bridge because of our BB phones. It does interfere with our BYOD pilot though since those users (yours truly included) would have a very expensive toy and not much else until that PIM update comes. I offered to not take one as a result and let my colleagues test drive them. I'll still be working with them often but won't live with one.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    ...for us to play with and evaluate. We are a BES and WinTel shop (F500, 2nd in our industry, 100k users ww) Our "corporate phone" is still a BB, (Bold, Torch, or Curve) though we are piloting BYOD options with limited phones also.

Anyway, they brought 4 and this was my first in person with one. First thought: "Holy crap, this thing is small!" that impression coming from using Zoom recently and iP2 before that. We all had the general perception it was too small for any serious work. The build quality overall seemed really sturdy but the power & volume buttons are terrible.

I was able to fly through the OS before the rep even started her tutuorial and was asked "Have you used one before?" To which I replied I watched the unveiling presentation and saw it uses the same gestures from my Palm Pre (which is now renowned in my company ). The rep had this choked up look when I said that and I LOL'd on the inside.

My take on it? It's super easy to use, especially from a webOS user being IT'S AN UTTER COPY OF PALM WEBOS and I will hertofore refer to it as the "BiteBook". OMG! If someone slipped an HP casing over it and said it was an Opal proto, no one would challenge that.

As for a review, we came to the conclusion that most of the Tech reviewers did that ripped on the device, the exception being we used Bridge because of our BB phones. It does interfere with our BYOD pilot though since those users (yours truly included) would have a very expensive toy and not much else until that PIM update comes. I offered to not take one as a result and let my colleagues test drive them. I'll still be working with them often but won't live with one.
    The best review of playbook till now.
    I was LMAO when I read your conversation with the RIM sales rep.

Opal proto that is a nice name for HP 7 inch tablet.
    This:

"I was able to fly through the OS before the rep even started her tutuorial and was asked "Have you used one before?" To which I replied I watched the unveiling presentation and saw it uses the same gestures from my Palm Pre (which is now renowned in my company ). The rep had this choked up look when I said that and I LOL'd on the inside."

... was PRICELESS!

Thanks!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I agree; well played.
    The rep was probably thinking, "everyone says webOS is dead, how are there so many people that know about it?!"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The rep was probably thinking, "everyone says webOS is dead, how are there so many people that know about it?!"

More like she was hoping WebOS was so dead that no one attending the demonstration would recognize the, um.. er... "similarities"

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    More like she was hoping WebOS was so dead that no one attending the demonstration would recognize the, um.. er... "similarities"

LOL! Yeah, this for sure. She had that "loss for words" expression on her face and my colleagues probably didn't know why.
    I think I figured why Leo Apothekor calls it "The webOS".. Bc its THE original & undeniably the best webOS"

Blackberry makes me sick!